7 fantasy books with asexual leads

henshin

I did give the Sherwood Smith book a go, but never could get into it. The writing and the character had no appeal. Of the others, I've only heard of Quicksilver, but have not read it.

This list is a nice selection of YA.

Thank you for sharing.

Later on I will probably investigate a few of these.

Oh cool! I already have Every Heart a Doorway marked down on my "must read" list. So cool to know it has an Ace character in it too! If i don't get it for Christmas I will certainly get it myself.

I read Quicksilver but didn't get into it. Too romance-focused for me and i got frustrated with the fact that everything could have been resolved half way through the book if the main character had just explained herself with a single sentence. Her special powers got pretty over the top too, in my opinion. (Also i don't think its mentions anyone being ace until the second book.) not my personal cup of tea but I know lots of other people have enjoyed it quite a bit. :)

I really want to read we awaken! It sounds pretty interesting.

Also thanks lyck for the heads up about the free download for the beast of callaire!

Sorry for the double post but i wanted to share brief thoughts after reading the beast of callaire.(may contain minimal spoilers hidden just in case)

First off,

not a single character is described or labeled as being asexual(let alone a main character as advertised in that list) however there is a trans character and at least 1 lgbt relationship.

Secondly

it ends as a cliffhanger forcing you to read the next book. Thankfully this one was very short, the pdf was only 97 pages.

• 3 months later...
All the little Lights

I read Quicksilver and I really liked it, because the characters were written out and not just "parents" or "cops" or "the bad people".

But I agree that it was quite romance-focused. Which is something I quite like (but only in a story:P )

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/10/2016 at 1:41 PM, SylviaDragon said:

I read Quicksilver but didn't get into it. Too romance-focused for me and i got frustrated with the fact that everything could have been resolved half way through the book if the main character had just explained herself with a single sentence. Her special powers got pretty over the top too, in my opinion. (Also i don't think its mentions anyone being ace until the second book.)

Quicksilver is the second book in that series (with the ace main character). When you mention the "special powers" do you mean the first book Ultraviolet? The main character in that book has synesthesia which isn't any kind of special power or medical/mental condition, it's just a neurological phenomenon where stimulation of one sense leads to involuntary stimulation of the other. For example, in one form the person might see particular colours when they hear different sounds and associate each sound with a specific colour.

• 2 weeks later...
LittleGoody2Shoes

I would suggest the Xanth series by Piers Anthony. It has a ton of books in the series and I only read up to number 7, but it only has suggestions of sex/romance.

Archived