Enjoying reading about sex, but being repulsed by the idea of actually being a part of it

Randomchaos

So I really enjoy things like smut... I don't know why and don't really care why. But I was wondering if anyone else had similar things. Do you enjoy the idea but not even the idea of taking a part of a situation. Or imagining yourself in a body of a different sex and imagining? For some reason I can stand that but the idea of being that sex and having sex still disgusts me just as much as the idea of sex in my real gender....

It kinda feels wrong to be honest. Like it's not something that should leave the closet... Also I don't know why but reading about relationships, not even the sex gets to me.... o.o

Truthfully it doesn't even do anything for me, I just like it. Which feels really weird...

Oh well :P

NerotheReaper

I don't think reading about it, writing about it, or experiencing it. That is just me though.

Yeah I am sure many people do agree, that sometimes it is better (more enjoyable) to be part of the audience rather than being part of it. I don't see a problem with that you do you. ^_^

Yeah, I enjoy reading it as well every once in a while.

Especially since it has nothing to do with me.

To me it's kind the same as reading the occasional romantic situation in the stuff I ordinarily read.

Yeah, being the opposite gender is also an idea that I find interesting.

It's a fleeting idea that I get every once in a while, but it doesn't really disturb me in any way.

Sleepy Skeleton

I enjoy reading it a lot. But only because my prefered variety of smut is fanfiction. It doesn't involve me at all, but it's still interesting because of the emotional connection, you know?

I can read some kinky stuff with a straight face, but as soon as I imagine me in a situation like that it gets uncomfortable.

What you enjoy and what you yourself desire for yourself are two different things. A straight women being a fan of gay romances doesn't make her gay (or trans).

The only requirement for asexuality is not desiring sex with anyone. Anything more is just personal variation.

**passes plastic halo** yeah yeah. We all believe you! :ph34r:

I definitely don't like or want to participate in sex but my guilty pleasure is reading trashy smutty romance novels.

Tl;dr i totally agree.

I'm with you on this one. Lately I've found myself reading a lot of smutty fanfiction, and I quite enjoy it and find it sort of emotionally arousing, I suppose? But if I try to put myself in the same place as any of the characters I get very weirded out and have to go do something else.

Sometimes though I do wonder if I'm really repulsed by sex or just repulsed my me, as it were. I'm really wondering what effect, if any, transition is going to have on this.

By sex repulsed you mean you don't desire sex at any point? Then how are you Gray?

I'm very interested in sex as a plot tool, much like romance. It can make for very interesting stories if it's done well. But, much like being a cop or a lawyer or a doctor or a time traveling goblin fighter, I have no real interest in making it a part of my life. (I mean, time traveling sounds cool, but I don't think I'd like the goblin fighting...)

I'm asexual, but I can relate to the grey area because of this interest in understanding sex and why it's important to people.

I have been pleasuring myself to memories of past encounters, or even pure fantasies.

But the idea of actually doing anything with someone (partner included), leaves me as excited

as getting a tooth pulled.

Anyone feeling the same ? (Sorry, newbie here)

It's nice to know that I'm not alone in this situation. I enjoy reading smutty fanfiction, but I also try to write it because for some illogical reason, I feel that as a writer I need to push myself beyond my boundaries which include smut.

I really feel like it's what Spooky Lacey said--about how it's interesting because of the emotional connection. But reading it and imagining it is one thing, the second I imagine myself in that type of situation, I get uncomfortable--a bit squirmy actually.

I sometimes read about sex-the thing is, I like the IDEA of having sex but the reality makes me feel nauseous with the internal warning lights going off.

• 1 month later...

You're not alone. I definitely enjoy erotica, although I am striving to stop reading it for religious reasons. Are you familiar with autochorissexuality? http://asexuals.wikia.com/wiki/Autochorissexual

Archived