What is your avatar?

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

What is your avatar  

267 members have voted

1. 1. which best describes your avatar (tick all that apply)

• A fandom image
    • An animal
    • A landscape
    • A toy
    • A mythical creature
    • A cartoon character
    • A celebrity
    • your crush/squish
    • A picture of something you own/have that is important to you
    • A picture of yourself
    • Something a specific colour
    • geometric shapes
    • aliens
    • stuffed animals
    • toys
    • vehicles (including flying etc )
    • nature
    • I change my profile often, but always in the same theme
    • I change my profile pic all the time between unrelated things
    • Something else
  2. 2. How often do you change your profile pic in a year?

• Never
    • 1-2 times
    • 3-4 times
    • 5-6 times
    • 7-8 times
    • I haven't been here long enough to know.
  3. 3. Do you change your profile pick for special holidays(Halloween, Christmas etc)

• Yes I do
    • Sometimes for holidays sometimes for other reasons
    • no, always for other reasons
    • no I don't change my avatar

This poll is closed to new votes

EnterCreativeName

Mine is a flute with music. I've been playing for over 6 years now. Though I'm thinking of changing it soon.

J. van Deijck

I was tempted to check "a picture of yourself" option because people say I'm a bit similar to him, but not everyone would understand the joke. :( :P

So instead I checked "your squish/crush" because I indeed have a pretty strong squish on this man.

I play RPGs, so my avatars are usually characters I've designed to play with.

<- This one is Maulbeere, my main alt in Rift, she's a Kelari Necromancer-Warlock, wearing a hood from a world area called Iron Pine Peaks. I've changed what she's wearing years ago, but didn't update the avatar here.

Mine's a comic character. (Emma Frost in Astonishing X-Men.)

I don't usually change my avatar once it's uploaded. But I don't use the same avatar everywhere.

My current icon is one of my furry characters. I'll probably change it in the future but to another image of the same character.

Anthracite_Impreza

A 2000 Impreza cos I love them <3

• 1 month later...

Mine is a sketch of me that a friend did in college. It's a nice way to let people know what I look like without using an actual photo :)

2 hours ago, skit` said:

my soul

Yukko is my soul too, man.  Especially that coffee shop scene.

Perissodactyla

For me the avatar or profile pic is clothing.

I usually select the image similar to how I select a shirt to wear.

I tend to change the image about once per week or two.

But sometimes I change it even more often than that... and other times... I keep it for much longer.

Because I change the image a lot, my attitude towards it and my perception of how it relates to my psyche and feelings is self-conscious and strong. I get bored with an image after a while... similar to how i get weary of wearing a shirt for too long. Or it's similar to chewing gum for too long, as the flavor goes away. 

I just need a fresh shirt which allows me to feel fresh and true to how I feel differently that day.

Plus there is a little game to finding an image that sort of amuses me or expresses something new about how I feel.

Also I tend to want the image to be amusing, funny or meaningful in some way... perhaps in harmony with a particular theme I'm exploring in AVEN that week.

In mythology, an avatar is an incarnation or embodied form that a divine being assumes in order to communicate and have a mission of interaction with human beings. Since I take this literary construct into consideration when I choose a profile pic, I view the avatar image as mostly disposable and temporary, which sets up an attitude of playful communication with others I meet here on AVEN.

It's a big deal for me to change the avatar image as my feelings change, and I observe that each time I change the avatar image, I am also allowing my personal psyche to sort of become reborn or emhanced in a subtle psychological way, which makes me very happy and amused, and brings me a peaceful heart... and a twinkling eye. *)

I often wish other AVENites would change their avatar images more often than they do, since I get bored with looking at the same ones for so long. But I do understand why people like to remain consistent, so it's quite okay. ;)

Currently, I have an animal (armadillo), two mythical creatures (Santa and the Holiday Armadillo), 3 celebrities (Matthew Perry, Courteney Cox, and David Schwimmer).

I change my picture often, usually for the next major holiday, and from shows I like. Usually, it's Portlandia, but this time I went with Friends, because I covered Christmas and Chanukah.

Chose cartoon character as Korky was/is a comic character. Selected animal, too, because cat. :D

I don't change avatars often; only had two avatars in my time here. I do get quite attached to them. Therefore I don't bother to change them especially for particular holidays,

My picture is of the mage Mirajane from the anime Fairytail.

Mine is currently baby Grinch for Christmas :D

My avatar is basically a lemon with a quote saying "Lemons are pretty good." I will probably change my avatar once a month or once every two months and I don't change it for special holidays. 

Mine is my own creation 8)

Back in 2004 I was using MS Paint to create mosaics and when I registered on my first forum in the early 2006 I decided that instead of copying and pasting someone else's work, I'd create something original. I'm not normally an artsy creative person, but I liked this one enough to use it and nowadays I can't be bothered to change it. I almost never change avatars anyway.

Salted Karamel

I feel like you should have had "ace flag or other pride flag" and "pictographic representation of username" as options. Not just because that's what mine is, but they also both seem popular with others.

My avatar is Yoon from Yona of the dawn with glasses drawn on him. I put my avatar in the categories of Cartoon character, fandom image, and picture of myself because I put glasses on Yoon to look more Like me

sir octepus tea

I prefer not to change my avatar too often since it´s like a face here if you know what I mean. 

Hermit Advocate

I just really like the art and symbolism.

Stiles.

Beacuse he's my spirit person :P 

Mine is FitzChivalry meeting Paragon the liveship. Not something that's happened yet in the books but probably one of the things I'm most looking forwards to in the last book!

I've been here for about 4 years and I think I may have had 4 avatars

Archived