Developing Sexuality

guardianoftheblind

guardianoftheblind

Over the past two months or so I've been exploring different aspects of sex, and it seems like I'm feeling less asexual. I'm less bothered by people talking about sex, I'm looking at sexual and sensual activities as things I might enjoy sharing with a significant other, I'm even more interested in learning how to satisfy another person.

I will say that some of the things I did to develop this increasing interest were partially forced, I'm making a conscious effort to open myself up more to sex since it will most likely be part of the kind of relationship I want to have with someone.

The things that are interesting to me about sex need to be connected with someone I love. I can never see myself sharing my body with someone I'm not close with and I don't love. The appeal isn't just the activities themselves, the appeal lies in experiencing that activity with someone important to me.

There is a woman in my life who I believe I love, but it's an extremely complicated and unique situation.

I don't know if I consider myself asexual or not anymore. I'm too busy learning about myself to get caught up with labels. But it seems like I'm going through some of the stuff at age 19 that most sexuals go through in their early teens.

anythingtestdead

Im sorta thinking the same stuff..............although, i dont know about Love...............I dont know if i could Love someone and have them be a Significant other,.....And i cant see my self doing sex stuff with someone i love......its hard for me to connect those things......................but yeah,,,,im 19 also,,,..........I keep feeling less asexaul too..............................................oh well,,....mabey its a phase???mabey not.......

Bestatued Head

I seem to have that problem too. I would like to meet an asexual with whom I could get along, but I'm extremely negative on matters of Love. I am not as upset with the thought of being alone or anything. I just think it would be nice to know somebody who loves a persons ideas instead of their bod.

listen, there's nothing unnatural or odd about a/sexual fluidity. quite the opposite. if you find yourself becoming a more sexual/sexually open person, go with it as feels natural. talk things out with whoever and make sure you know what you're comfortabe with before anything happens (your comfort zone as far as sexual stuff may change as well). the main thing is if you're enjoying the relationship and eachother whether or not you have sex.

I definitely agree. Build relationships that don't define themselves through sex, and then you'll be free to be as sexual or not as you please without your relationship hinging on it.