Religion?

is asexuality "wrong" in the eyes of religion?.... and can one find the one the lord has in mind, when asexuality is apparent in ones life?

is asexuality "wrong" in the eyes of religion?.... and can one find the one the lord has in mind, when asexuality is apparent in ones life?

NerotheReaper

Well it depends on the religion really I think, I know some religious people see women as an object. An object that is supposed to produce babies and make the man happy. Plus most religions aren't accepting of sexualities that are not heterosexuality. They are against homosexuality because they say it is "Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." I could see them trying to use the same 'logic' to asexuality. "Adam and Eve, not just Adam"

In regards to Christianity, there's nothing in the Bible that is against asexuality.

Yeah, it depends on the religion most likely. I will say though that as a Christian I don't see anything that conflicts between asexuality and Christianity.

Depends on the religion.

Depends on which of the many religions on Earth you are talking about. I'll just assume you are talking about Christianity 'cause that's the most popular one in the western world and it's the religion that I grew up in so I'm familiar with it. Most Christians seem to agree that asexuality is OK including my Christian parents. They are probably just relieved that I won't be committing any adultery despite being an atheist to be honest. Genisis 1:28 is a thing though, so the compatibility of asexuality and Christianity is arguable.

There's plenty of religions on this Earth. You'll have to be more specific. Pertaining to Christianity, I've heard a surprising mixed bag.

One Winged Angel

If talking about Christianity, there are so many different types of this religion that is impossible to say what all of them may think. There is nothing in the bible which talks about Asexuality, and the closest to it would the "gift of singleness" doctrine, which you can google and read up on if you are interested.

Many churches are utterly obsessed to a shocking level with marriage and sex. This is where you might get the problem, not in the actual material of the religion itself.

As for other religions and spiritual beleifs, there are many hundreds of different ways of practicing spirituality. I myself am interested in spiritualism, neo-paganism and a variety of 'new age' beleifs, and absolutely none of it is discrimative based on sexual orientation. Some nature based spiritualities use a Godess/God symbol and are very open to the sexual elements of life, but this does not mean Asexuality is forbidden or looked upon negatively. In open (non organised) spiritual belief, there is room for all in this regard.

LaVeyan Satanism makes explicit mention of Asexuality in The Satanic Bible, and this is often thought of as the only 'organized religion' which openly recognises Asexuality as part of it's doctrine. However, LaVeyan Satanism is more a philosophy than a religion.

I would always encourage people to go with how they feel with regard to these matters. It is my belief that there is not right or wrong way of expressing your spirituality, or lack thereof. If something does not feel right, there is a good chance that it is not for you.

Like others have stated, I think it depends on the religion. If you are speaking of Christianity that also depends on the denomination. The current denomination that I belong to doesn't have an issue with it, after all God spoke of "asexuals" in the new testament of course they are not officially called that. They are referenced as a Eunuch. The bible says that Eunuchs are either made that way (be means of castration), for spiritual reasons (monks and nuns), or that they are simply born that way.

Null_and_Void

There are countless religions on Earth, and pretty much nobody actually follows the religion they claim to belong to, instead opting to just pick and choose the rules they want to follow anyway, effectively making up their own personal religion so that they can pretend to belong to something larger than themselves while still getting to do whatever they want, so I hardly think it matters.