Return of the Dragon

Tanwen

Sorry folks - it's me again. Those who remember could be thinking 'Oh no, thought we were rid of her' those who don't will soon understand :lol:

This is my AVEN home, when the chance came up to mod it again, I HAD to take it :D

Welcome back Tanwen 🎂 🎂

And those of us who know you say "YAY!" and "welcome back!" :cake: :)

Gentle Giant

Welcome back, Kotter... er, I mean Tan! :D Now that theme song is probably going to be stuck in my head. It has been lately already.

Yay- we will try to not misbehave too much :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry I haven't been around much - I was diagnosed suffering from SAD years ago; I don't take medication for it as by the time it takes effect it's sorting itself out naturally. This year it was SEVERE, it was as though my brain was stuck in one of the old 'pea souper' fogs we used to get in the 60s before the Clean Air Act and I could operate at only the most basic level - took every ounce of energy I had to hold things together enough to stay at work. 

But it's easing now (I hope), I'm hoping to salvage something of this year's OU module...so, yeh, feeling better :)  - it'll take a bit of time to catch up but I'll do my best.

Wondered where you were.  Glad you are feeling better. :)  :cake:

• 4 weeks later...

Ooohh, you guys sound like FUN!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like we were both away at the same time, Tanwen. I remember you when I was here before.
I hope your OU course is going well.

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:06 AM, Gentle Giant said:

Welcome back, Kotter... er, I mean Tan! :D Now that theme song is probably going to be stuck in my head. It has been lately already.

I remember that song! It was sung by John Sebastian of the Lovin' Spoonful. I even have it on a CD.
I think Welcome Back Kotter is now mostly remembered for being John Travolta's first acting role.

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2017 at 8:05 AM, Decaf said:

Sounds like we were both away at the same time, Tanwen. I remember you when I was here before.
I hope your OU course is going well.

Crashed and burned :( . But on the plus side, I talked to the advisors and I'm going to try something completely different - doing a literature module. I thought the entire amount I paid for the module would be written off - they said they could 'only' offer me 50% (which is 100% more than I thought I'd get). All is not lost :D 

*This is what I always think of whenever I hear the name 'Eddie Izzard' 

• 8 months later...

Been years it is really nice to see a familiar name 

Seeing AmCan as well as Kelly. Feeling a bit too old now lol

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just stopping by - don't much these days. I'm very anxiously waiting the results of my last module (due out on Tuesday - so only 2 more sleeps. If I fail the last assignment I fail the module -- it accounts for 80% of the marks for the module so although I've averaged 75% for the other 6 assignments, this is the critical one. All is not lost; I have the chance to rewrite (taking the marker's comments into account) and resumit.
I've already booked my next module which is 'Creative Writing' and waiting on confirmation of funding from Student Finance England. No, I don't worry about having to repay as they don't start taking money until you earn £25,000 a year; and at my age THAT is not going to happen 

My younger son took me away for a long weekend in May - I decided that a static caravan in Skegness was the way to go for long summer holidays. I'm waiting for my older son and his wife to remortgage the house and pay me my share of the equity; I plan to share it with my younger son and granddaughter, pay off all my debts and FINALLY retire from work. Few weeks ago, there was a meme on Fb 'I think the age of retirement should be lowered to 50 - I've had enough of working'. My response was 'I've been WORKING for 53 years - so how do you think I feel??? ' 🤣

I was hoping to make the moves this year - but the offer of site fees, water and council tax paid for the year by the site would be almost half over. So next year (fingers crossed)

6 hours ago, Tanwen said:

I'm very anxiously waiting the results of my last module

Good to hear from you! Good luck with the module and with the house and hopefully retirement and all! :D :cake: 

Results posted a day early -- and I PASSED. Not just a scraping by 30% but  whopping 71%; not bad for an oldie :D 

2 hours ago, Tanwen said:

Results posted a day early -- and I PASSED. Not just a scraping by 30% but  whopping 71%; not bad for an oldie :D 

Yay! Good for you! :D 

@Tanwen, congratulations 🎊 🎊 🎂 🎂 

Archived