Not sure what to say.

partial

As anyone can see, I'm new here.

I discovered I was asexual after partaking in sexual activities with someone. My whole life though, I thought sex sounded kinda creepy and uncomfortable. Turns out I was definitely right. While I don't mind sex, I seriously don't care for it and honestly think it would be a bit easier to just go without. Of course, that will probably end in a lot of failed relationships, buuuuuuuut I'm alright with that since I've always been attracted to fictional characters anyway. (<-- True story.)

Speaking of fictional characters..... this may sound like some cliche teenage post (I promise I'm in my 20s!), but I've always, always been attracted to characters. All my life, my crushes were from anime or manga series, and it was incredibly rare for me to like someone that wasn't fictional. These feelings for these characters felt very real to me, and continue to feel real today. I have been in love with a certain character for over 5 years now, and I have another I've been crushing on for about a year. I am deeply connected with a visual novel called "Umineko no Naku Koro ni". I started it last year and life has been looking up since then, but even on my down days Umineko helps me get through it.... That story seriously has made my life feel like it's worth living, though I have yet to finish the visual novel. (Working on it.) It's really long, a hell of a lot of reading. But I adore it. Aside from Umineko, I am equally connected with the Vocaloid software. In fact, one of the characters for that software is someone I've loved for 5+ years, and I would've married him years ago if I had the chance.

Call me crazy, but it's just how I am. Maybe I'll meet someone similar here.

I think when it comess to loving fictional characters, we are going to become great friends. Welcome to AVEN! Enjoy your stay!

Welcome!

I think it may be no big thing around here if you love fictional characters. While i can't say this is so now, I know I was that way when i was in my 20s and early 20s. I'm not implying that you'll "grow out of it" as if this were a bad thing. I was an anime fan waaaaaay back (think Robotech era) and had a huge thing for Miriya parino and for Celai Stingray from Bubblegum Crisis (the old version).

Shit, now I feel old. get off my lawn! :)

I think when it comess to loving fictional characters, we are going to become great friends. Welcome to AVEN! Enjoy your stay!

Au, you think so? That makes me feel a lot better. I felt a bit afraid to mention it but it's such a bit part of who I am that I feel like I would be lying to keep that information withheld. I'd like to be friends, maybe!

Hey Partial! Welcome to AVEN!

Hope you have a great time here!

78503-Anime-Girl-Dance-Cute-Band-Anime-M

Thank you!

Welcome!

I think it may be no big thing around here if you love fictional characters. While i can't say this is so now, I know I was that way when i was in my 20s and early 20s. I'm not implying that you'll "grow out of it" as if this were a bad thing. I was an anime fan waaaaaay back (think Robotech era) and had a huge thing for Miriya parino and for Celai Stingray from Bubblegum Crisis (the old version).

Shit, now I feel old. get off my lawn! :)

I've been a character-lover (maybe I should find better words to use, w?) since I was 9 years old. Been at this for 11 years now. I can't imagine growing out of it, but only time will tell. <3

btw

rolling all over your lawn

Hey. Welcome to AVEN :cake: . Don't worry, you're not alone, it's not crazy and many people on AVEN know what it's like to experience fictional crushes through their lives and even into the present. There's even some forum posts about the subject here. And personally most of my discovering what kind of personality I'm attracted to romantically was built on years of fictional cruses and even having my first love who happened to be fictional. (I was about 13 and loved him well into my high school to early college years. He's still very special to me today. ^_^) I hope you feel very welcome here, and that you know you're not alone in asexuality or in being attracted to fictional beings. :)

Welcome,

Eh, having crushes on fictional characters is not anything extraordinary. It's quite common. I've crushes on historical figures which is much uncommon and can be controversial in some cultures.

SylviaDragon

Welcome to Aven! :cake:

You are far from alone when it comes to having feelings for fictional characters. :P They always caught my eye too. You will fit right in i'm sure.

Archived