• shia
    • sunni
    • catholic
    • protestant
    • agnostic
    • neo-pagan/pagan
    • rich

This poll is closed to new votes

Since I left high school I haven't really thought about cliques or tribes or generally where I fit in socially. 

Pretty much all my friends are a variant of LGBTQA+ though so I guess that would make my tribe sort of that kinda area. I never thought of it as a social tribe.

Lonemathsytoothbrushthief

Deleted cause why did I reply to such an old post :(

I don't like the word tribe in this context...

Just ticked feminist, atheist and loner.

Used to feel like a metalhead or even goth, gamer, geek. But I don't really want to put myself in these categories anymore. I like too many diverse things now to limit myself to these categories (now, that makes me sound arrogant. I just don't like being shoved in a category).

Made the experience that people f.e. thought that I was a metalhead, but recently I mostly listen to rap. Or that I'm the odd one out for liking street art after they realized I am not male. It's bullshit.

J. van Deijck
4 minutes ago, mania said:

I don't like the word tribe in this context...

actually, same.

I'm kind of eclectic with this, if I were to list all of them I would be: queer, feminist, activist, anarchist, atheist, agnostic, neurodivergent and a generalist. I put queer, because my gender and orientations are all diverging from societal norms, and being neurodivergent is important to me because I put a lot of thought and care into describing the ways I differ from NT people in such a way which doesn't make me out to be lesser(although I do pass as NT, the executive functioning problems I have mean peoples' expectations based on my past and presentation seem to stay considerably higher than my feelings of what I can actually achieve healthily, i.e. without just plain worsening things like mental health and sensitivities). I also put generalist, because my interests tend to shift a lot, and I like having things on the side to keep me occupied rather than just focusing on one interest. So I've studied maths for 4 years now, also played piano most of my life, did some music theory, used to write fantasy(though I never finished anything except this ONE short story which I threw away!!! So mad about it :( but for explanation see executive functioning problems :mad: ), now I've been into programming, Linux, just general stuff like that for a year though I'm definitely no expert, am getting into electronics and my PhD will be combining mathematics and algorithm design with low level programming in C++ and music theory.

J. van Deijck

"neurodivergent" would fit me, too :o

btw I like this word. :wub:

5 minutes ago, alpha decay said:

"neurodivergent" would fit me, too :o

btw I like this word. :wub:

Without it I would still think I was NT, because aspergers diagnostic criteria focuses so much on presentation and ability in the clinical setting, but never mentions how you're feeling! Though I have found it a hassle to get some of my work done, and actual WORK work is just kind of terrifying imo, I still worry about whether doctors will recognise it(I mean they should, it's just an irrational fear).

Just clarifying, I mean feeling as in processing information and stuff because aspergers isn't a psychological condition but neurological.

...Anyway I'm happy that you like it ^_^

• 2 months later...

@AVEN #1 fan

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived