Star Trek *POLL*

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

Star Trek (see below if you aren't familiar with the abbreviations)   

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the series have you seen?

• TOS
    • TNG
    • DS-9
    • Voy
    • Ent
    • The new movies
    • I haven't seen any
  2. 2. Which is your favourite?

• TNG
    • DS-9
    • Voy
    • Ent
    • TOS
    • The new movies
    • I haven't seen any
  3. 3. If you have seen the old series and the new movies, do you accept the new movies as part of the Star Trek universe?

• I have only seen the new movies
    • I have only seen an old season, or seasons
    • I haven't seen either
    • Actually, I prefer the new movies
    • I accept them whole-heartedly!
    • I guess we are stuck with them...
    • NO! They do not belong! I refuse to acknowledge their existence!
  4. 4. How do you feel about Star Trek in general?

• SQUEEEE!!! I love it! And everything it stands for! It is one of the best shows ever!
    • It's great! I really like it!
    • I like it
    • It's okay
    • Meh
    • Not really my thing
    • I don't like it
    • It's terrible
    • I haven't seen it

This poll is closed to new votes

I love Star Trek. I've seen all of TNG, DS9, ENT, all of the movies, and working on Voyager and TOS currently. 

Spock is great but Bones is my fav, hands down. I'm really enjoying Kess's character right now. Enterprise gets a lot of unnessicary hate, I think. The character Malcom Reed has good potential for being an ace.

• 1 month later...

I've seen everything except Enterprise, including TAS (animated series, 1973-1975). I love TOS, parts of TAS (Uhura captains the Enterprise!), and movies IV and VI the most. Movies 11 and 13 were decent, but 12 was awful.

I have seen the new movies, and one of the old ones. It is what got me to watch a bit of the older series. Though I have not watched anything consistent.

I've only seen the movies (and maybe 2-3 episodes of the original series), but I really, really like them.

I wasn't a huge fan of the original TV series though from what I had seen, so I'll probably just stick with the movies.

I've seen most of TOS and TNG, and all the movies (new & old) except two.   Some of my favorite Star Trek stories are the two-part episodes from TNG - "The Best of Both Worlds" and "Time's Arrow" are the ones that come to mind.  I love all the characters; it's really hard to choose a favorite.

On the poll question re: the new movies, I wish there was an option for "they're ok."  I like the actors, and I even like them in the roles of Kirk, Spock, and McCoy.  At the same time, the level of effects and CGI make it impossible for me to believe it takes place before TOS.  I also prefer the more detailed (if slower) plotlines of TNG, where the story took precedence over the action.

Euna, I agree with you about TNG storytelling. My favorite episodes are Unification and Relics because TOS still comes first :)

I have seen the entire canon, TOS will always be my personal favorite. My mom was a Trekkie so she nicknamed me Spock as a small child because I was emotionless and logical. Reading this thread I now want to start over. I have never watched it straight through. I feel a binge coming on...

• 4 weeks later...
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I liked them all, how ever I like the movies too. 

• 6 months later...

@Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived