• Announcements

• Kelly

AVENues Holiday Special Edition is now live   08/17/17

The new edition of AVENues is done!   See:        
    • Kelly

New Team members Needed--Moderator and Project Team: Voting   11/01/17

Voting has started. See:     http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163513-new-project-team-member-needed-resources-and-education-director-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163514-new-moderator-member-needed-qa-co-mod-and-gray-area-mod-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163513-new-project-team-member-needed-resources-and-education-director-voting/  
    • Lady Girl

Ace Community Census   11/06/17

It’s time for the 2017 Ace Community Census!   see:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162675-announcing-the-2017-ace-community-census/  
    • Heart

Help fund AVEN's servers!   11/06/17

AVEN is doing its annual fundraiser to raise donations for server costs! See http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163251-aven-server-fundraiser/ for more details.  
AW10

What does it mean to be perverted person?

AW10

I think that perversion is greatly misunderstood, regular perversion is far from distorted or corrupted.

Regular perversion is just liking to be aroused and it is not only limited to sexual. If it is sexual perversion, then it is liking to be sexually aroused, where sexual arousal means physical sensations that your body gives you in a response to something sexual. If it is emotional perversion, then it is liking to be emotionally aroused, where emotional arousal means experiencing any emotion as response to external world. So, to me sexually perverted person tends to get in as much sexual situations as possible, rarely including actual sex, while emotionally perverted person tends to get in situations in which person can experience as many different emotions as possible.

What do you think that perverted person means?

FictoVore.

I'm a pervert because I want to do aII sorts of dirty, perverted things to my partner, and have him do aII sorts of dirty, perverted things back to me. Being perverted together is a deepIy satisfying, kinky form of intimacy that doesn't have to invoIve sex, though when it does that's great too ^_^

(any further expIanation as to what I mean by ''dirty, perverted things'' wouId probabIy get me a ban from AVEN haha, but I do mean extreme fetish, just to be cIear)

AIso, my mind in generaI just goes to perverted, sexy things for no reason. It aIways has haha.. it's Iike there is a naughty switch in there I can't turn off :lol:

sindi

Maybe you could start by defining "perverted"? It doesn't add much to say that "perverted people are people who like perverted things"... and how does liking arousal make you perverted?

voxtaylor

I'm a "sunshine child" asexual who is very, very sex-repulsed. Hopefully this puts things into context. Anyways, I generally define perverted as any unrequited lust-driven action, such as rape. It's a short answer, so it may not encompass the entire issue, but it's at least something of a contribution, right?

sindi

It is a contribution, but I'm not sure that I agree. As far as I have understood, someone can also be "perverted" alone or with a like-minded partner, without hurting anyone? But really... I don't know what exactly it is to be perverted.

voxtaylor

It is a contribution, but I'm not sure that I agree. As far as I have understood, someone can also be "perverted" alone or with a like-minded partner, without hurting anyone? But really... I don't know what exactly it is to be perverted.

I won't disagree with my statement or yours. After all, it's simply a word, and many of the connotations attached to that word are derived from our personal experiences. The textbook definition of perverted, "characterized by sexually abnormal and unacceptable practices or tendencies," mainly refers to unacceptable practices, as the word almost always carries negative connotations. That's why my mind immediately flitted to more unsightly sexual deeds, such as rape. I suppose it can be perverted, without hurting someone, but then why carry negative connotations at all?

NerotheReaper

per·vert

verb
pərˈvərt/
  1. 1.
    alter (something) from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended.
    "he was charged with conspiring to pervert the course of justice"
    synonyms: distort, corrupt, subvert, twist, bend, abuse, misapply, misuse, misrepresent, misinterpret, falsify
    "people who attempt to pervert the rules"
noun
ˈpərvərt/
  1. 1.
    a person whose sexual behavior is regarded as abnormal and unacceptable.
    synonyms: deviant, degenerate; More

That is the first definition I found. As stated above by @PanFic, someone can be a 'pervert' in a relationship long as everyone likes it. That is okay, long as everyone agrees to it and is comfortable. Outside of a relationship is where people may rant. I am in college and we have an 'emergency alert', it covers assault as well as sexual assault on campus. So girls have been groped on campus in broad daylight, that is just one of the things that have happened. Maybe some people misuse it, but I need context to fully understand the claim that the word is being misused.

Autumn Season

It's a subjective word just like "good" and "bad". There are people who find making out perverted. Others do not see anything perverted in sucking each other's blood. It really depends on what you/ your society consider/s normal/ acceptable.

spacefae

I think anything non consensual that hurts someone else intentionally is perverted.

AW10

How does liking arousal make you perverted?

Thing is that I think that source of perverted desires are liking arousal. More you like arousal, more you will try to get it. However, arousal is very addictive, so you always want to get more and more arousal, more arousal in both quantity and intensity. So, it will eventually lead to more and more perverted behavior.

Evren

I kind of use it as a joke. I like BDSM and have some pretty far out kinks, so I say I'm a pervert because a lot of people would call me that.

If I was talking about it in any kind of serious way then I would be talking about someone who does something sexual and kind of squicky without explicit consent. Like stalking or peeping, or masturbating in front of an open window, ect.

sindi

Thing is that I think that source of perverted desires are liking arousal. More you like arousal, more you will try to get it. However, arousal is very addictive, so you always want to get more and more arousal, more arousal in both quantity and intensity. So, it will eventually lead to more and more perverted behavior.

But doesn't basically everyone (at least every sexual person/person with a libido) like arousal more or less?

Evren

I think your very wrong. People get aroused by all kinds of different things, and enjoying that arousal doesn't mean that you are suddenly going to want to go out and do more and more perverted things. Mostly because those things won't arouse you. Most sexuals like and enjoy arousal, but you don't see a whole bunch of people in BDSM clubs or committing sexual crimes, because they have suddenly gotten addicted to their own arousal.

AW10

I think your very wrong. People get aroused by all kinds of different things, and enjoying that arousal doesn't mean that you are suddenly going to want to go out and do more and more perverted things. Mostly because those things won't arouse you. Most sexuals like and enjoy arousal, but you don't see a whole bunch of people in BDSM clubs or committing sexual crimes, because they have suddenly gotten addicted to their own arousal.

I see, you just helped me realize something. There has to be a line between healthy and unhealthy perversion, there has to be a line between passion for arousal and addiction to arousal. I think passion is healthy while addiction is not.

But doesn't basically everyone (at least every sexual person/person with a libido) like arousal more or less?

Answer above answers this.

Modern Jazz Hands

I think we need to start getting be a bit more precise here. The following types of people are all perverts:-

anyone who doesn't like proper chutney,

anyone who doesn't like home-made, raspberry jam,

anyone who doesn't like marmalade,

anyone who sniffs repeatedly without using a handkerchief,

anyone who says that the colour films of Ingmar Bergman are in any way comparable to his black and white oeuvre,

anyone who doesn't like toilet humour.

:P

Have I left anyone out?

Starlit Sky

In the past we defined a pervert as someone who was sexually immoral, and that went from sexual abuse to homosexuality to anything that didn't intend to have the end result of impregnation, depending on the society and time we're looking at. Nowadays, people are known for accusing those who are into BDSM for being perverted (usually because of misunderstandings that are coupled with phrases like, "You sexist dick!" and "You deserve better!"), along with things like (TMI) anal, three-ways, orgies, vore, feederism, and so on. (end TMI)

For me, so long as no one's getting hurt (unless they like that), I think it's fine.

(any further expIanation as to what I mean by ''dirty, perverted things'' wouId probabIy get me a ban from AVEN haha

I KNEW IT and me too

_V_
On 9/27/2016 at 2:46 AM, ℃å℞t☉☧hℹĿẹ• said:

(any further expIanation as to what I mean by ''dirty, perverted things'' wouId probabIy get me a ban from AVEN haha, but I do mean extreme fetish, just to be cIear)

What could possibly get you banned from AVEN?

FictoVore.
47 minutes ago, _V_ said:

What could possibly get you banned from AVEN?

There are acts that can be done between two consenting adults that are still illegal in some countries and states due to their levels of perversion and depravity haha but I was joking about the ban :P some things just don't need to be talked about on AVEN ^_^

_V_
47 minutes ago, ℃å℞t☉☧hℹĿẹ• said:

There are acts that can be done between two consenting adults that are still illegal in some countries and states due to their levels of perversion and depravity haha but I was joking about the ban :P some things just don't need to be talked about on AVEN ^_^

Okay.

Thea2
On 28/09/2016 at 5:44 PM, Modern Jazz Hands said:

I think we need to start getting be a bit more precise here. The following types of people are all perverts:-

anyone who doesn't like proper chutney,

anyone who doesn't like home-made, raspberry jam,

anyone who doesn't like marmalade,

anyone who sniffs repeatedly without using a handkerchief,

anyone who says that the colour films of Ingmar Bergman are in any way comparable to his black and white oeuvre,

anyone who doesn't like toilet humour.

:P

Have I left anyone out?

Not me. (P.S. Who is this Ingrid Bergman you are talking about?:lol:)

will123
On 1/24/2017 at 9:38 AM, ℃å℞t☉☧hℹĿẹ• said:

There are acts that can be done between two consenting adults that are still illegal in some countries and states due to their levels of perversion and depravity haha but I was joking about the ban :P some things just don't need to be talked about on AVEN ^_^

There are? :D

Roxximus

I was an extremely verbal pervert during high school.  I could take just about anything from a conversation and turn it into a sexual joke.  I have many, many comments written in my yearbooks starting with things like "To The Perv", and referencing my perverted ways during class.  Most people thought it was gross but funny.  I think the biggest clarification should be that 'pervert' does not automatically mean 'sexual deviant'.  There is a sliding scale to perversion, just like there is with sexual orientation.  I owned the term pervert and was proud of my sexual improv comments.  Some consider BDSM a perversion, others see the entire LGBTQ spectrum as a perversion and label it with cruel intentions using sounds of disgust to emphasize their despising of perverts.  I personally was proud of my status as a pervert, but it was just a quick-witted sexual spin on a mundane conversation.  I say own it.  If you enjoy it, and it doesn't hurt anybody else (or does hurt them but they have a safe word :), then don't worry about what other people think about your particular brand of perversion.