Jumping in

Enlightened 4pe

Enlightened 4pe

I remember years ago hearing about asexuality and thinking it was bunk. More new age gender confusion. I have had two major relationships with the second giving me two beautiful children. I am now at the tender eighth month of a third mind blowingly great relationship but I was finding having sexual relations harder than usual (which was itself already quite awkward and forced). So last week I started looking up my feelings and when I wandered across asexuality it was like the suit of armour covered in cement I was wearing fell right off. It has been joyous and liberating, except now I do not know where my sexual girlfriend and I go from here. I have recognized all the pain I have left in my wake with those women before her and I do not want to lose her, but at the same time I want to bask in my new and true identity and shed the fear and boredom left by my former lifestyle. Anyway I am sure this amazing compendium will be a source of incredible insight so I just wanted to say hi and get to meeting people!

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for sharing your story with us! : ) I'm glad that you made your way here and feel so relieved finding out about asexuality! Sometimes it can take a while or some revisiting of ideas until they click. You'll find a lot of people that can relate to you here! I hope you enjoy being a member!

Toffee-chocolate-cheesecake.jpg

I love how you said "I am sure this amazing compendium will be a source of incredible insight," because that's one of my favorite things about AVEN. Asexuality is such an unexplored field (as evidenced by the last issue of AVENues- check it out here) and everyone getting together on a single site to share their experiences, in the hopes that it contributes to understanding who we are, is probably my best-loved aspect of this site. So welcome! We hope you like it here. ^_^ :cake:

Archived