Hello Fellow Post Rubors and Frays :D

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

I was just wondering if there were any other post rubors (people who feel platonic attraction to others but it vanishes quickly after initial feelings are gone) and (of course) fray-romantics on here :D

I'm interested in hearing you guys' stories & experiences.

Personally I'm a hopeless squisher. I can mentally want to be in a QPR with others on & off line.....at least until my initial feelings disappear out of nowhere. Then my platonic attraction fades too. There have only been 2 instances when a squish lasted for longer than a week. The feelings just don't stay at all.

So what's your thoughts/story?

I'm not sure if I should call myself frayromantic or not, because if I do I would have to contribute my romantic orientation to past trauma and I realllly don't want to do that. Still, I'm functionally frayromantic and if someone wanted to call me that I wouldn't really have a problem (unless they said that it was caused by something, in which case I wouldn't want to be considered fray).

Unfortunately, the definition of frayromantic is actually inaccurate so any time this subject comes up I end up having to explain that although the romantic attraction is most likely going to fade pretty quickly once you get to know them, that's not a given; for some it stays and for others it comes back, goes away, comes back, goes away, etc. (What I should really do is just type out an explanation of all this in a word processor so that I can copy and paste when this subject comes up! :P )

Personally I'm a hopeless squisher. I can mentally want to be in a QPR with others on & off line.....at least until my initial feelings disappear out of nowhere. Then my platonic attraction fades too. There have only been 2 instances when a squish lasted for longer than a week. The feelings just don't stay at all.

I didn't even know that it was a thing! Though it definitely makes sense (everything else exists, after all haha). So after the platonic attraction fades, what usually happens to the friendship / whatever? Do you guys keep talking or just stop orrr. . . ?

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

I didn't even know that it was a thing! Though it definitely makes sense (everything else exists, after all haha). So after the platonic attraction fades, what usually happens to the friendship / whatever? Do you guys keep talking or just stop orrr. . . ?

I usually don't tell people I have a squish on them so we usually just continue to be friends afterwards as I squish in silence. I've had friendships end but for different reasons :lol:
  • 2 weeks later...

I usually experience a squish and then it just fades or it fades as soon as the person involved has mutual feelings. I have been in a relationship before but it didn't work out because i couldn't stand his romantic/sexual advances and my squish on him faded quickly when his feelings were mutual.I'm probaly the worse offender when it comes to squishes that come and go real fast! I wonder if it also has something to do with the fact im heavily sex/romance repulsed and touch averse.Because each time someone has mutual feelings i just lose all interest in that person because you think about the stuff that person might do with you and my head just goes: ewww nope nope nope nope.

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

I usually experience a squish and then it just fades or it fades as soon as the person involved has mutual feelings. I have been in a relationship before but it didn't work out because i couldn't stand his romantic/sexual advances and my squish on him faded quickly when his feelings were mutual.I'm probably the worse offender when it comes to squishes that come and go real fast! I wonder if it also has something to do with the fact im heavily sex/romance repulsed and touch averse.Because each time someone has mutual feelings i just lose all interest in that person because you think about the stuff that person might do with you and my head just goes: ewww nope nope nope nope.

^My life!!! Though I usually avoid telling people I know irl that I have a squish on them (saves me a lot of problems when the feelings fade away 2-3 days after they started :lol:

The same has happened to me in QPRs. I don't mention that my feelings fade to the other person...and I just let the relationship die off itself or let the other person say that it has ended.

Archived