Help me friend-zone please!

LearningAboutMe

LearningAboutMe

So story time: i gave someone whom I work with my number, and I pretty much only know his name. (I'm severely antisocial/innocent and gave him my number cuz that's what friends do, right?) he's a nice guy from the few short moments that i see him and i'm a cuddler so i hug him from time to time; and he texts me from time to time. whatever, i prefer to text. then tonight he texted me: 'night love'. oh no. are we courting now, or am i looking to far into it? and if we are, help me friend zone him please! (ps, no he isn't british)

*groan* that terror of being an aro-ace with no emotions and zero people-skills!

The friend-zone doesn't exist outside of the minds of people who think they are entitled to a persons romantic/sexual interest simply because they are nice to them. If you think this man has got the wrong idea about your relationship, tell him so. Something along the lines of "You're a really great guy and I really enjoy having a close friendship with you, so I just wanted to be clear and make sure you weren't getting the wrong idea. I really only want to be friends with you, nothing else." Don't try being subtle, over complicating things, or playing mind games, just be honest.

what if he meant: "goodnight, love!" As in i like you, and just thought about you in a good way and just wanted you to know since I think you like me and now I'm off to bed, goodnight' .??

Archived