Hi everyone!

Pantone 2385

Hi everyone! My name is Lara and I'm 26 and happy (and relived) to say that I'm asexual!

My first introduction into the concept of asexuality though my science classes in middle school and had a weird jealousy of worms. In that same period of time when groups like N*SYNC and Backstreet Boys were a common introduction to girls sexuality I felt just "meh" and couldn't see the appeal. I did however like Joey Fatone simply 'cause he seemed the most level headed of the group. Later on when I moved on into High School, I did encounter my first crush, looking back it was nothing sexual.

The allure was from conversation ranging from post-modernism to learning program functions on synths and circuit-bending. Unfortunately, High School is also a time of confusion, self-doubt, and not really knowing how to really articulate what I want. To spare the drama, which could be for a different topic, the relation went down the drain and I felt like a worthless potato.

College was a mess as well (I did however learned about you beautiful people) to make things easier for me typing this I'll condense it to key points...

• Rich jerks trying to out me as lesbian and then shame me for their insecurities
  • "The 'A' in LGBTQIA stands for 'Ally,' not asexual. Only people with mental disorders have that."
  • Watching a HBO (or was it Showtime?) show about roman culture that had a graphic sex scene in an art history class that was too much for me and I had to leave the class room. Professor did not take it well...

I felt more broken and put away the idea of me being an ace, but I somehow graduated with BA in art and left more confused of where I was in the sexual spectrum. So I move to a larger town with a more diverse queer community and start looking at things people have said about the degrees of asexuality. It's been rough trying to really understand who you are as a person, but it's also been rewarding gaining a vocabulary of how to voice your wants and desires. I'm understanding my own autonomy and damn, what a f'ing rush.

If they're anything you want me to expand upon, let me know!

I draw, crochet, make noise music, avid lover of foreign languages ( je sais francais et une petite deutsch. Je suis en train d'apprendre le chinois et polonais). Thanks for reading!

Bienvenue! J'étudiais le français et le chinois aussi! But I've forgotten most of it now :(

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for sharing your story! First, I wanna say that I like your username and profile pic. ^_^ As a graphic designer, I'm familiar with Pantone colors, so I was like "Ahh! Creative!!" : ) Anyway, you're not alone. You'll find a lot of people that can relate to you here! Take your time exploring, and I hope you enjoy being a member!

Puple-Ombre-Cake.jpg

Archived