Self discovery on my first date

TheStarrySkai

QUICK STORY TIME:

A friend of mine asked me out on a date, I said sure. I wouldn't say I have romantic feelings for the guy (as far as I know, I'm horrible at knowing if I do), but he is nice and really romantic and overall a good person. So I thought why not?

So he planned the date out [fancy restaurant and all that jazz]. After that, we sat outside on a bench and asked each other questions. We are friends, but we've only really met about a month ago, so there are still a bunch of things that we don't know about each other.

Anyways his last question was "Would it be crazy if I kissed you?" I was honestly taken aback. I said "I guess...?", real awkward I know. Anyways he kissed me. He also later kissed me again when he dropped me off at my house. To be honest I don't know what to think about it. It's an odd sensation.

My first thought: *this is weird, is this what kissing is like? Why do people like it?* Second thought *This is kinda boring, is it ok if we stopped kissing now?* Third thought: *This is hella embarrassing and odd, can I not do this again?*

END OF STORY

So now I'm thinking. Is that I don't like kissing? Is it that I don't love the dude super romantically? Am I just bad at kissing?

What do you guys think? What are your experiences with kissing?

• 1 year later...

Personally I do not like kissing at all and I have all those same thoughts that you had every time I kiss my boyfriend. The way I see it, if it was something you did like you’d want to do it more regardless of you’re experience level or ability. I suppose it could be that he is bad? But in order to find out you’d have to kiss a few different guys

Maybe you were just not ready to do it on first date, maybe you need to develop some connection to enjoy kissing.

On 9/25/2016 at 5:08 AM, TheStarrySkai said:

My first thought: *this is weird, is this what kissing is like? Why do people like it?* Second thought *This is kinda boring, is it ok if we stopped kissing now?* Third thought: *This is hella embarrassing and odd, can I not do this again?*

That pretty well describes the feelings I've always had about kissing... And I have a long history of it, believe me ;) (I'm probably much older than you and have only realized during the last year that I'm probably an ace, or grey in both ace and aro respects.)

The strange thing for me is that people usually consider you a some kind of weirdo if you're not into kissing, or actually, most people don't even allow for an option of not being into kissing... You're supposed to love it, full stop. At least that's how it seems to me...

Archived