In Very Desperate Need of Advice About a Relationship With Sexual Partner

DazedandConfused97

DazedandConfused97

Hi there, I'm a newbie to the site and have only very recently come to understand what I am. I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for six months now and we have been having a few problems lately in the physical end of the relationship. He is a very sexual person, where I obviously am not and it has been causing a bit of strain on our relationship. I have had a hard time coming to terms with being asexual and accepting it as a part of myself, especially with being in a relationship. I love my boyfriend very much and want him to be my first time but we are both unsure of how to approach this. I have an almost impossible time being aroused by physical contact and have yet to feel sexual arousal from foreplay. This is causing some concern and my boyfriend and I are unsure how to handle the problem. He doesn't want to hurt me but at the same time, I feel like I'm hurting him by denying him these releases, even though it is simply due to a lack of interest or sexual desire. I'm missing that fire that usually helps guide towards sex and I feel very lost at how to go about this. I've considered medication or even an open relationship, I just don't want to lose what I have with my boyfriend. I'm willing to try just about anything not to lose him. I care for him deeply. My lack of sexual interest and his very high sexual desire are our primary conflict in the relationship and I don't know what to do. Please, any advice would be great. Thank you.

Galactic Turtle

Hi! It sounds like the issue for you is your body's lack of the physical response that you want. If you talk to your doctor there might be different types of medications to fix that.

Archived