I'm new and have a question...

Mamma Moo

Hi all.

I'm new here so bear with me. I'm trying to understand my sexuality and feel like I'm a bit weird. I don't know if anyone can relate to this at all.

When I was young I was brought up in a strict baptist household which was really big on no sex before marriage. Plus my dad was a real prude and would turn the TV off if anyone kissed. So I grew up kinda thinking that sex was wrong and dirty. When I hit puberty I started being sexually attracted to girls, but I was socially really awkward and felt bad about being sexually aroused like it was a violation of the girls I was attracted to.

Anyways, to cut a long story short I'm trans and I wonder if I'm trans because it's like I feel so bad about feeling sexually attracted to women so I kinda convert it to envy instead because I feel more comfortable with that. Also I'm really not interested in sex. I just don't enjoy it at all.

Sorry ramble. Anyone relate?

butterflydreams

Hey there, and welcome!

I'm not sure I can really relate, but my parents were also pretty prudish about stuff on TV like that. I can't really say why you might be trans either. Though I kinda doubt it's because of external factors like you describe. I think a lot of people probably feel similarly to you, but they aren't trans themselves. It can be hard to just say that you are trans, without wondering if something "caused" it. If something "caused" it, then maybe it's not your fault, and you don't have to be. It's ok. Nothing "caused" it, it just is, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Are you happy? Do you feel like you're living your life as your authentic self? Those are really the only things that matter.

Welcome to AVEN Mamma Moo! And don't worry about the duplicate threads; you can't delete them, they happen all the time due to glitches on the site, and a moderator will take care of them as soon as we see them (sorry it took me a few days, I've been exceptionally busy :P )

As for being trans, I think Hadley has a good point; there are plenty of people who experience very similar things when growing up, and who don't end up being trans. So maybe it contributed, but I'd doubt it. And even it it did, that doesn't make your gender any less valid or ok. You are who you are, no matter why or how! What matters is who you are, not the reasons or causes. What matters is how to be your genuine self and be happy, not what path you took there (as long as you don't harm others or do anything illegal, I guess ;) ).

I always had bad feelings towards sex and PDA... Did not realize that my issue was really heterosexual relationships because while I'm AFAB and attacked to guys- I'm not a woman and being related to as one in a relationship is a complete disconnect in my brain because of the gender incongruity.

Archived