13 Lusty Signs of Sexual Attraction to Keep an Eye On

Éadweard

These signs are not exactly subtle. By the time you're doing all that, surely you don't need this handy checklist to figure out that you have the hots for someone. The list makes it sound like you're about thirty seconds away from jumping their bones anyway, so maybe you'll catch on when that happens.

Well that was a load of crap. No wonder most people here think everyone in the world is obsessed with bedding one another.

odd :O well I've felt some the "subconsiously wanna get close to them" one and the "outrageous flirty" one although I flirt in a weird way that they don't notice idk why and only on rare occasion do I get aroused by close proximitay, or find the irrisistable. I can remeber the very few people who I find irrisistable, and most of the people who I find arousing to think about :redface: so embarassing eep. I linger more than I should with all humans, because I have a hard time noticing when a conversation has closed or opened, oops.

so that's, for me, a grey sexual, that's 2 more commonly, 1 uncomonly, 1 rarely, the rest are nopes.

also. I noticed that, imo, some of these are more romantic, than sexual, while others are more sexual, than romantic, but they are all kind of both.

@ dissolved Really :O i did not think these were so weird tbh. could you tell me more of what you mean? sorry if I'm asking you to repeat things you say a lot. :redface:

I have felt a number of these before (a number of them feel like they overlap, too), but they haven't equated to *sexual* attraction for me. Romantic attraction though, definitely.

No wonder most people here think everyone in the world is obsessed with bedding one another.

To be quite honest, if this weren't the case, our population wouldn't still be skyrocketing

"And half an hour later, both of you have hands all over each other, purring and panting like wild animals on heat." I'm done. :mellow:

Reading the titles of the other lists help evaluate the nutritional value of this article :D

Up next: 10 signs that you are thirsty...

I can't. :lol: That article was hilarious! I've never felt any of those. I mean, maybe one of them that's more romantic, like heart racing, but none of the others.

I have felt a number of these before (a number of them feel like they overlap, too), but they haven't equated to *sexual* attraction for me. Romantic attraction though, definitely.

Me. I definitely feel the outrageously flirty and the want to get closer one. i am literally the flirtiest person EVER to people i am friends with who ive got crushes on.

The more I read about sexual attraction the more it sounds like mind control. I really hope they're exaggerating because my god.

This reminds me of one isolated experience I had when I was fifteen years old. I couldn't keep my eyes off of a seventeen year old boy I had just met. When he touched me, it felt like electricity was running through my arm(not in a painful way). I wasn't staring at his junk though and I certainly wasn't imagining him naked. I gave him my phone number but I decided not to date him after texting him for about two weeks because he kept sending me text messages that said, "perverted thought" -ewww.

That's the closest I've ever come to experiencing romantic attraction in the way avenites describe it, and it's a bit odd because I've never experienced anything similar before or since then. I had some puppy crushes on my male friends when I was between the ages of ten and thirteen where I would get blushy about some of them but I never experienced any physical symptoms of crushes in high-school or college. I'm not certain if those puppy crushes were actually romantic attraction or not because all that happened was that I got a little nervous and blushy, but it was enough to fully convince me I was romantic when I first joined Aven. The part about your voice lowering seemed very strange though because my voice got more high and giggly when I was nervous around my crushes.

When I was in high-school I didn't really really experience any physical symptoms of romantic attraction, but I still thought it would be nice to date some of my friends.(I didn't actually end up dating very much) I was never really attracted to any physical characteristics of any gender until I was about sixteen when I noticed I was attracted to some womanly curves. I've discovered I become slightly aroused by some presentations of female curves, but it seems rather subtle and decoupled from desire. (while I used to think this made me LGBT in some sense I no longer think this is necessarily the case. If I do turn out to be sexual though, I probably have at least as much chance of being LGBT as I have of being straight)

I've always had an extreme case of aesthetic/romantic attraction. That got me married, and then partnered, and it took a lonnnnnnng time to understand that those attractions are very different from sexual. It was hard to figure out why I didn't want sex when I did want to look at people and I felt all that heart fluttery stuff. Everyone else had the whole schmear; why did I only have part of it?

"#3 Strategic locations. You cant stop staring at strategic sensual locations on this persons body, be it their crotch, their butt, their breasts or even their lips. You can try to stop yourself, but every sneaky opportunity you get, your eyes would just drift down south to get an eyeful of all that sexiness."

What.

People really do this? It's not just something ridiculous that you see in films and on TV?

Oh ick. I'm glad I didn't read that stuff.

I think it's really important to note that certainly not all sexual people experience (or are even interested in experiencing) the things outlined in that article. I'm quite worried people here will be thinking all that automatically applies to all sexual people and it doesn't. Those are actually quite extreme examples and not to be sexist but are orientated in more male libido/arousal patterns (sexual women do experience this of course, it's just a lot more common with men).

As you will note, a man wrote the article, and has clearly based his definitions/examples of sexual attraction around how he personally experiences it, along with other males like himself (certainly not all sexual men experience that either, just to be clear)

I wish there was a way to post this as the top so everyone who views the thread can see it T_T

"#3 Strategic locations. You cant stop staring at strategic sensual locations on this persons body, be it their crotch, their butt, their breasts or even their lips. You can try to stop yourself, but every sneaky opportunity you get, your eyes would just drift down south to get an eyeful of all that sexiness."

What.

People really do this? It's not just something ridiculous that you see in films and on TV?

No, it's a thing.

But all those signs are slightly cliched, seconds out from copping-off-in-a-dark-bar type behaviour. They happen, but they're not constantly hurtling through sexuals' minds.

I've never done any of those things with sexually charged thoughts. And I'm sexual.

Some of the things I had done, when I had a crush. I would kinda watch my crush from a distance, I couldn't help it. If he was there I was staring at him. But never with sexual thoughts or desires on my mind. It was entirely romantic/aesthetic.

I've never done any of those things with sexually charged thoughts. And I'm sexual.

Some of the things I had done, when I had a crush. I would kinda watch my crush from a distance, I couldn't help it. If he was there I was staring at him. But never with sexual thoughts or desires on my mind. It was entirely romantic/aesthetic.

I know what you mean - I think disentangling romantic vs aesthetic vs sexual is pretty alien and pointless for sexuals. They're all deeply entwined with each other, and at different times, we feel more focussed on one or the other, but the others are never entirely absent.

Luftschlosseule

Yeah, well, asexuals are not all the same, so why would sexuals?

I am just thinking about the heart pounding bit. If you're sociophobic and your heart starts racing madly while talking to somebody it usually means you want to run. Then I try to act strategically, meaning that I am near the next exit. And I want a room. A room where I am alone and safe where I linger more than I have to because it's empty apart from me.

I know what you mean - I think disentangling romantic vs aesthetic vs sexual is pretty alien and pointless for sexuals. They're all deeply entwined with each other, and at different times, we feel more focussed on one or the other, but the others are never entirely absent.

In an evolutionary sense they do all exist for the same purpose.

WhenSummersGone

I can feel some of that romantically, like wanting to go on a date or another date so I act weird/nervous around someone, but never sexually like getting a room. I'm completely left out on this quick sexual desire stuff.

I think for me (and a large proportion of sexual people) sexual desire for a specific someone is not something you feel from the get-go. I've never been close enough to anyone to feel it. (I've never gone on any dates either.)

That's not the same as demi, though. I originally came to this site asking if I was demi, but demis have it on a more extreme scale. (That and I do have a generalized desire. It's just never been directed at anyone.)

I think it's really important to note that certainly not all sexual people experience (or are even interested in experiencing) the things outlined in that article. I'm quite worried people here will be thinking all that automatically applies to all sexual people and it doesn't. Those are actually quite extreme examples and not to be sexist but are orientated in more male libido/arousal patterns (sexual women do experience this of course, it's just a lot more common with men).

As you will note, a man wrote the article, and has clearly based his definitions/examples of sexual attraction around how he personally experiences it, along with other males like himself (certainly not all sexual men experience that either, just to be clear)

I wish there was a way to post this as the top so everyone who views the thread can see it T_T

Even I've experienced some of these things despite not wanting to jump in bed with with anyone. I am attracted to certain body parts even if I try not to be. Honestly some of these discussions on Aven make me feel like I'm making more sexual than average, not less.

I am just thinking about the heart pounding bit. If you're sociophobic and your heart starts racing madly while talking to somebody it usually means you want to run. Then I try to act strategically, meaning that I am near the next exit. And I want a room. A room where I am alone and safe where I linger more than I have to because it's empty apart from me.

What does this have to do with sociopathy?
Ms.Frankenstein

Almost all of those things (not the staring at the crotch thing) on that list don't read as sexual to me at all. I'm like... "holy crap am I secretly experiencing sexual attraction without realizing it?.... Nah, that's really stupid. I would know if I wanted to fck right?"

Luftschlosseule

What does this have to do with sociopathy?

Nothing, and nobody mentioned sociopathy.

I've had some of these but it was definitely out of an emotional crush and not sexual attraction <_<

Archived