skatepixie

Ok....werd question. But:

Do you identify with yr steriotipical gender. As in mans man or girly girl, not as in transexual.

Im the worlds biggest girly girl myself. I love make up (I dont do it to turn on guys, I do it beacuse its fun and I can express myself and I like how it looks), I figure skate, I like dresses better than pants, Im a soprano (I always got picked on in JR high. Guys would be all "Hi! Im Rosie" in a squeekie voice, oh well, its worth it. Pay back time), I love pink and light blue, I love my puppies and kitties. the list goes on forever.

Yeah, I'm pretty girly. Make up, jewellery, twenty pairs of shoes. I don't particularly care for shopping for clothes, though. Mad about my pets etc.

Cate

Do you identify with yr steriotipical gender.

Hahaha! Fuck no :D

I think it's more defined by state of mind rather than actions though. I mean I'm the farthest thing you could possibly have from the girly-girl style, and yet I still have 20 pairs of shoes, am crazy about my cats, load myself with jewelry, like to shop for clothes, am obsessed with my weight, and do other things that may be considered "girly" :?

If I could apply makeup without looking like a train wreck, I probably would too hehe.

love shopping, love feeling impulsive when shop, wear only necessary make up, jewellry etc, like long nails, love plants, not v. good with weight (difficulty with adhd :-() , but easily obsessing over something new every second of the day!!!

:shock: i'm not able to have kids :(

wednesday's child

I don't really care about gender, personally... I call myself a girl because it's convenient, I have the right equipment and that's what society expects me to be... but as for my behavior, I just do what I enjoy. That includes dressing just about every which way you can think of X3 and participating in all sorts of things that both boys and girls enjoy.

guardianoftheblind

I don't identify with many masculine personality traits. I'm extremely sensitive and emotional, I'm not competitive, I don't care about being physically or emotionally tough, I'm not aggressive, I'm not muscular at all, I'm not athletic, I'm pretty polite and respectful, I'm usually quiet and submissive. Two of my favorite things in the world are kitties and hugs. I didn't have any men in my life while I was growing up, so I think that has played a significant part in the development of a personality that I think is more feminine than masculine.

i wear make up, but i keep it "natural" and i can't go out of the house without at least doing something to my hair or trying to anyway. i wear the thriftshop clothes and the hemp bracelets and necklaces. yeah, i guess i'm a stereotype of some form.

Well I don't really follow many gender roles. I often grow my nails pretty long (or at least one. Its useful to open things). I love the kitties, don't like being around guys much (sexual guys are generally extremely annoying), I knit, im not into sports or bodybuilding or cars or women or any of that crud. I would wear drag if I thought I would look at all good in it. Sadly I am built too non-feminen. Hey, my best friend has been known to call me women quiet a bit. Bothers me none.

About other steriotypes, I wouldn't fit into any kind of clique as I try not too as I find them all terrible. If any, I would be a geek/otaku. And we tend to be introverted anyway.

So gender roles: it seems that a lot of people only follow them to be secure in their sexuality or in their social status. When you get to a point where you're gender means nothing to you, and social status even less, then it really falls into the realm of ambiguity.

I think people who really try and define themeselves in gender roles, have something to prove. Be it their sexuality (or lack thereof), there sociality, or even if they are just insecure or subconciously threatened in the world. Gender roles tend to be something that people can cling to to bring some kind of order and reason to their fragil world. Come to think of it, this would be a good reason why people are so threatened with queers, transvestites, people not showing their gender to the worlds liking, and even kids with their cooties.

After all, boys will be boys, if you make them.

Bestatued Head

People around me tell me that I have a andro-aura. Sometimes I dress super-girly and other times people mistake me as a dude (my new boyish haircut is probably the big reason).

I don't know what my gender is anymore. I don't even care.

huh... i'm female, but i'm usually mistaken for a butch lesbian or a short male with a high g-quotient ( :roll: ), not that i mind. i don't wear make-up, and right now i'm sporting a crew-cut. i'm a thing, pretty much.

ishouldbelockedinaninsane

I have short hair, and I think sort of 'masculine' in my opinion (dont know what others think), but I also like to be feminine body-wise, except I wear baggy clothes cause I hate stuff that is tight and uncomfortable just to look 'sexy'. Since I'm doing acting again I am starting to pay more attention to my image. I have to say that my looks as a whole, and my mentality is more androgynous than anything though, because I do as I do, and that involves things from both genders...

FUCK NO.

I despise sports, and all other physical activity.

I have common sense.

I hate sex. (no really? if you didn't know this, you have either never seen me post or are an idiot)

I am smart.

The thought of being muscular makes me sick.

I have a weakness for small, furry animals. Cats mainly.

I have the longest temper you ever shall see.

My hair is long.

I would love nothing more than to not have a penis.

And the list goes on....[/i]

B . . . But, but! :shock:

Understandable

You do?? Or is that real-life temper hehe.

Like in Egypt way back then!

Egyptian jewelry kicks ass too.

I used to have a very high opinion of Egypt and its people until I got ICQ and got randomly messaged by 30 year old egyptian guys asking "r u orgasm?" at least twice per day. Damn shit.

I'm JUST female, not a "woman" or a "girl". I have this on my mind a lot. "Woman" or "girl" is more like a stereotypical attitude rather than the logical term female. If I could, I would take away a few of my secondary sex characteristics.

Egyptians are cool :D

intersting jordan, i've felt the same way--I'm male(and i'm fine with that), but not particularly masculine(not feminine, nor a bit of both either, though), the word "guy" creeps me out a little bit, especially when it's used on me

I used to have a very high opinion of Egypt and its people until I got ICQ and got randomly messaged by 30 year old egyptian guys asking "r u orgasm?" at least twice per day.

..what the deuce?

arg, egyptians. Egypt is full of terrorists, horny men, pedophiles and horny pedophile terrorists. someone will resent this statement, but truth is often resented.

This one egyptian guy used to ICQ message me back in the day. He kept asking me to come to Egypt and be his wife. I was 16.

I have a masculine personality, but I dress pretty girly. (Well, womanly, really. I don't so much go for "cute" as "elegant.")

I read somewhere that, if I were a lesbian, I'd be termed a lipstick butch. I like that term. Pity I can't use it, what with not being a lesbian and all.

• 2 weeks later...
arg, egyptians. Egypt is full of terrorists, horny men, pedophiles and horny pedophile terrorists. someone will resent this statement, but truth is often resented.

This one egyptian guy used to ICQ message me back in the day. He kept asking me to come to Egypt and be his wife. I was 16.

I know a lot of egyptians since I live in the Middle East, and I'd just like to correct you about this...Egypt and the rest of the middle east is not full of terrorists (cnn and all that try to make it look like everyone here is frothing at the mouth and burning US flags, but that's all complete BS), but yeah, we do have our share of mega horny guys . :roll: Blame the single sex school systems and culture here... Men and women mixing together is frowned upon in the culture, so a lot of guys get really, REALLY desperate. So pity and laugh at their patheticness, not loathe them lol. The people who hang out on icq and irc here also tend to fall in the desperate-loser-not well educated educated catagory, so please don't think that all egyptians are like that. It would take a really long time to explain the whole situation here, but I hope this helped clarify some things. About the wife thing also, it is accepted here to marry at that early an age, but very few people do...

DusksRequiem

FUCK NO.

I despise sports, and all other physical activity.

I have common sense.

I hate sex. (no really? if you didn't know this, you have either never seen me post or are an idiot)

I am smart.

My hair is long.

I would love nothing more than to not have a penis.

And the list goes on....[/i]

That's pretty much everything that applies to me, but in reality I think I'd keep my "package" because I'm on of those idiots who thinks I was born the way I was; and now I should live with it because that's who I am.

Well, biologically, I'm female. But psychologically, I identify as genderless, so I tend to ignore stereotypical gender roles and just do whatever I enjoy.