Asexual or Transmale issues?

I'm not a man but I've actually wondered this very question (if I had been born with a penis, would I be straight? would I have sex? would I enjoy sex? would I like masturbating more? would I still be a woman / would I be a trans woman / how different would my perception of gender and orientation be / etc).

I got one and it doesn't keep me from being ace. Also, I'm friends with a trans guy and he's the most hypersexual person I know. It's unlikely that your asexuality is caused by being trans based on my experience, but I've been wrong before.

I do love my hypothetical questions though. I've wondered what it would be like to be and/or identify as female before (despite being quite content with being male) and it's interesting to speculate about how that would make my life different.

Yeah I'd probably out be sowing my wild oats right now :P

In all honesty, I don't know. It's not as simple as penis vs no penis... There are lots of other things to consider. My insecurities, partner, among other things. And, despite lacking a penis at the moment, I do still want sex with my girlfriend, so.