Movies/Asexual Awareness Week Ideas

littlenick

Hi all,

I was hopping to do some sort of event at my college for ace awareness week, but I'm not sure what to do. I could play a movie or documentary, but I haven't found any that I like? If anyone has any movie ideas or any other ideas of something I could do, please let me know!!

NerotheReaper

A few good shows for me I see the character(s) as asexual (even some might disagree) but feel free to make your own conclusions!

- Sherlock

- Lucifer

- The Walking Dead

I like Taking the Cake, a (30 minute long) documentary about asexual issues. It's available on Youtube, so it's free!

If you're looking for something less explicitly about asexuality, Sirens is a TV show that has an asexual character in a few of its episodes. It's a slightly weird comedy and the character is rather odd, so I don't know if you would want to avoid it for the negative stereotypes she could be associated with (but, then, asexuals are typically represented by robots/psychopaths so a woman with slightly morbid interests might be the best you're going to get). I think it's available for purchase on iTunes?

A few good shows for me I see the character(s) as asexual (even some might disagree) but feel free to make your own conclusions!

- Sherlock

- Lucifer

- The Walking Dead

Oh yeah Daryl on the walking dead, a bad ass asexual. <_<

I'm trying to figure out what to do too. I am a member of my school's LGBT+ club and we are planning on doing something for asexual awareness week. I am like one of three people who are asexual, so I assume the club board might ask me to help. We are probably just going to do something like posterboards or something we can place on top of tables.

I like Taking the Cake, a (30 minute long) documentary about asexual issues. It's available on Youtube, so it's free!

If you're looking for something less explicitly about asexuality, Sirens is a TV show that has an asexual character in a few of its episodes. It's a slightly weird comedy and the character is rather odd, so I don't know if you would want to avoid it for the negative stereotypes she could be associated with (but, then, asexuals are typically represented by robots/psychopaths so a woman with slightly morbid interests might be the best you're going to get). I think it's available for purchase on iTunes?

Thanks!! I think I'm going with Taking the Cake, I like it a lot!

Thanks for everyone's help!!

Archived