Please read -- what SHOULD be posted in World Watch

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

After some questions from members, the admods discussed a bit about what should and should not be posted in World Watch.

World Watch is a forum meant to increase asexual visibility by sharing links to asexual references. I realize that sometimes an article that is not directly about asexuality might also contain ace information. For example. an article on aromanticism might also discuss asexuality.

In order for a thread to remain in World Watch, the cited information should reference asexuality in some way. It is okay if other orientations are also mentioned in the source, as long as something about asexuals is discussed. If it does not have to do with asexuality directly, it will be moved out of World Watch and to an appropriate forum.

If you have questions on this, please contact me directly. (I am more likely to see your question in a pm... but you could post it here too.)

Aromanticism is also important, but according to your wording anything concentrating on that would be removed (especially aromantic sexuals).

scarletlatitude

Aromanticism is also important, but according to your wording anything concentrating on that would be removed.

Unless it was also about asexuality, yes. I'm not saying that it isn't important. It's just not what this particular forum was meant for.

Yes, the site's name is asexuality.org, but we have romantic forums here too.

Aromanticism is also important, but according to your wording anything concentrating on that would be removed.

This particular subforum clearly states media that focuses on asexuality, not aromanticism, is what should be posted.

You do know what the A in AVEN stands for, right?

As i said, yes, but AVEN is also a site for aromantics too. We have romantic subforums here. If it's just for asexuality then that section shouldn't be here. And as far as i know there isn't an aro/romantic forum site. Come to think of it, aromanticism.org isn't taken so why doesn't someone actually make that?

scarletlatitude

So if someone wanted to share an article about aromanticism, where should it be posted?

Articles about romantic/aromantic orientations alone should most likely be posted in the romantic and aromantic forum: http://www.asexuality.org/en/forum/90-romantic-and-aromantic-orientations/

And gender based articles should go in the gender forum: http://www.asexuality.org/en/forum/57-gender-discussion/

Also, your threads have a much better chance of being read if they are in the right forum. People who want to discuss romantic orientations go into that forum anyway. ;)

And cross-orientations (e.g. bisexual homoromantic, etc.) should also be posted on the aro/romantic subforum?

UncommonNonsense

As i said, yes, but AVEN is also a site for aromantics too. We have romantic subforums here. If it's just for asexuality then that section shouldn't be here. And as far as i know there isn't an aro/romantic forum site. Come to think of it, aromanticism.org isn't taken so why doesn't someone actually make that?

There is a forum just for aromantic people : http://www.arocalypse.com/forums/

Pretty cool bunch of people there too :D

Don't really like associating the apocalypse with aromanticism, but that's great there's actually a forum for it.

scarletlatitude

And cross-orientations (e.g. bisexual homoromantic, etc.) should also be posted on the aro/romantic subforum?

Yes, or you can post them in the Gray Area if they have to do with a sexual orientation

Archived