Aceflux? Pansexual?

aro_mantic

nanogretchen4

No one wants sex 24/7. Regular sexual people, including pansexuals, want partnered sex at some times and not at other times. Asexuals differ from sexuals in that they never, ever have an intrinsic desire for partnered sex. I think aceflux pansexual sounds extremely similar to regular pansexual, but people can identify however they choose.

It's just called being a normal sexual person, not aceflux. Also, aceflux is defined as fluctuating between asexual and the Gray spectrum (which is really still just a type of Gray-sexual), so if someone becomes a normal sexual person at times it's not aceflux. Sexual people don't desire sex all the time and it's completely normal to go through dry spells from time to time. Unless you mean in a relationship your sex-drive goes off and on very randomly and isn't due to complications in any relationships (e.g. having a sex-drive one month out of the year), then that either means there are imbalanced hormones or they're Gray-sexual/more specifically called Burstsexual.

Echo: There's no such thing as aceflux.

WhenSummersGone

Ya I personally have a problem with the label as well as other labels. I mean people can call themselves whatever they want but I don't see many of these new labels being official. Sticking to some labels are ok but it's getting to be too much.

Salted Karamel

I disagree strongly with other respondents invalidating your sexual identity or claiming that what you’re experiencing is “just normal sexuality,” as though asexuality is a special status to be jealously guarded.

I don’t know very much about the aceflux label, but I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt of being the resident expert on identifying yourself. Therefore, it stands to reason that since you have seen fit to identify as aceflux that “aceflux” is probably a real thing and also a thing that you are. In this light, I am going to answer the question you’ve asked instead of treating it as a question of whether or not aceflux is real or whether you have the right to identify by it.

Graysexuals sometimes experience sexual attraction, but experience it rarely enough (or under rare enough circumstances) that they still identify closely with asexuality. Because the very definition of graysexuality includes sometimes (or under certain circumstances) experiencing sexual attraction, it stands to reason that said sexual attraction might be oriented toward a certain gender or genders, as is how sexual attraction is often spoken of. For example, someone might identify as homo-demisexual, which would mean they are demisexual (i.e., they only experience sexual attraction when a strong bond is present), but only ever experience that demisexual attraction toward members of the same sex (and/or gender, depending on how they experience or define their homosexuality, I suppose). It’s a matter of intersectionality.

Depending on how you’re using the word “pansexual,” I see no conflict between feeling that you are aceflux but when you experience sexual attraction it is pansexual attraction. Granted, I understand “pansexual” to mean “sexual attraction is not limited by sex or gender presentation” and not “sexual attraction for absolutely everyone, indiscriminately,” which I have to wonder based upon the context of your confusion if that might be how you mean it. But as long as you’re using the typically understood definition, what are you confused about exactly?

I disagree strongly with other respondents invalidating your sexual identity or claiming that what you’re experiencing is “just normal sexuality,” as though asexuality is a special status to be jealously guarded.

I don’t know very much about the aceflux label, but I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt of being the resident expert on identifying yourself. Therefore, it stands to reason that since you have seen fit to identify as aceflux that “aceflux” is probably a real thing and also a thing that you are. In this light, I am going to answer the question you’ve asked instead of treating it as a question of whether or not aceflux is real or whether you have the right to identify by it.

What we are saying is that acefIux is a normal, every day sexuaI person, not that it's ''not a thing''. AcefIux means you desire sex and feeI sexuaI attraction sometimes, but other times you have zero interest in sex at aII... and yep, that's a 100% normaI everyday sexuaI person. Some sexuaI peopIe have IiteraIIy no interest in having sex for weeks, then hormones wiII kick in and they'II want sex again for a few days, then back to not being interested for a whiIe.. some onIy want sex every three or so days and the other days prefer to masturbate or don't get aroused at aII.. Some wiII even go for years or Ionger not wanting sex.

''AcefIux'' was a IabeI that was designed as a resuIt of a totaI misunderstanding of sexuaIity. Whoever came up with the term assumed sexuaIs want to have sex 24/7 and are aIways up for it, aIways ready to 'bang'. And if you don't want sex sometimes, you must be asexuaI sometimes. This is just a gross misunderstanding of sexuaIity. SexuaI peopIe who want sex 24/7 are extremeIy rare and that actuaIIy counts as a medicaI condition that needs to be treated among aImost aII those that do experience it.

A funny side-note, I once encountered someone here who was saying ''I'm acefIux because right after I've had sex I don't feeI Iike having sex anymore untiI a few hours or days Iater when I start to want it again'' ahahaha. That appIies to about 95% of the sexuaI popuIation :P

Graysexuals sometimes experience sexual attraction, but experience it rarely enough (or under rare enough circumstances) that they still identify closely with asexuality.

Um, actually no, people that identify as Gray-sexual are closer to being normal sexual people.

Also, it's not fully elaborated on, but aceflux looks like it could also be used as an asexual who has fluctuating feelings on sexually compromising; positive on it then indifferent then repulsed at random. If it's used toward wanting sex then I would assume the repulsion toward sex is in general; at least i would think since it's not fully elaborated on; not just momentarily after sex. Depending on why it's felt it may or may not be a normal sexual person. That does explain the one person Panficto mentioned, but they were still using it inaccurately.

Salted Karamel

Graysexuals sometimes experience sexual attraction, but experience it rarely enough (or under rare enough circumstances) that they still identify closely with asexuality.

Um, actually no, people that identify as Gray-sexual are closer to being normal sexual people.

"Closer" than what? "Closer" is a comparative word. Who are you comparing them to?

Gray-sexuals desire sex at an unusual point in time; after an emotional bond, rarely, etc.

Archived