Ace in a sexual world

spencerspider

spencerspider

As long as I can remember I've never wanted to really have sex with anyone. I've had a string of sexual boyfriends through my 20's who I reluctantly had sex with to appear normal. Now I'm polyamorous and out as ace so my partners can get their needs met elsewhere. I have a girlfriend and a boyfriend but they are both sexual. I just joined the forum because I'm looking to make new relationships where sex is off the table.... A table where I'd rather eat cake!! First I thought I was depressed. Treated that. Then i thought I was bi... And tbh being sexual with other women is nicer for me than with men... But it's still something I'd rather not do. My sexual boyfriend has sex with me and I put up with it. But I'm getting tired. Best I can figure out I'm probably gray ace but also looking for more label info. Any and all help is appreciated!! When I say no to my boyfriend he is truly hurt like it's something personal. Like I'm withholding love or something. Are there any ace people in Canada in Vancouver or Victoria? I live in Victoria and don't know a single ace person in my life. Would love to connect with ppl here I feel you would understand. Love and cake!!

• 2 months later...

Hey there and welcome.

I know it's late but I'm from Victoria, too! I've been to quite a few ace groups and I'd be happy to get you in touch with some resources if you'd like.

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles, I'm also here if you would like to talk, it's very familiar to me.

- Dan

• 2 months later...
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Hello, and welcome. I've never been sexual myself because of how unsettled I feel about it. I'm in Alaska and never looked for another relationship for the reason of many are sexual and I have no desire to have sex. I'm in my late 20s as well and had a bf in high school and he forced me to kiss him which I hated it. he knew he couldn't make me have sex and refrained from demanding it. I only feel romantic attraction with females more than males whereas I'm only platonic with males by means I'll only be friends. Feel free to look through our threads, ask more questions if you have any I'm sure you'll get answers you're looking for.

Archived