Visual Snow

AnotherAcePun

AnotherAcePun

as http://eyeonvision.org/visual-snow.htmlputs it,

Visual snow (VS) is the persisting visual symptom of seeing snow or television-like static across their visual field. The snow and static tends to be worse in the dark, but can be seen in all lighting conditions.

I have this, does anyone else here?

Okay wow, I didn't know this had a name, but I have had this my entire life. I've even described it to people before in an attempt to see if other people see this way.

It's almost fun in the dark, with the little light show, I tend to not notice it to much any more, as it happens all the time. Especially on white walls.

Are there people who really don't see this? I have wondered before if it might because I have glasses, but I am pretty sure that this was going on before I had my glasses.

I don't have anything like that. I do have floaters, though.

I have this. It's particularly annoying when looking at something that's only one color, like a blank wall. If there's clutter or patterns, it's less noticeable. It makes small things across the room look like they're moving. >_<

J. van Deijck

I've just learnt the name last year, but I've been having it since I remember, so I don't even remember how the real darkness looks like. It feels like I've been always watching a TV static or a camera noise, or anything like that. Also, the bright blue sky or snow or any bright/white things look like they were sparkling.

When I was a child, I thought it was a problem with my eyes and that I was going to get blind (I'm nearsighted), but now I know it's not the reason. I've been diagnosed by neurologist at the beginning of this year and I got to know that it's the result of chronic migraine. And that I'm probably doomed to live with it forever.

as http://eyeonvision.org/visual-snow.htmlputs it,

Visual snow (VS) is the persisting visual symptom of seeing snow or television-like static across their visual field. The snow and static tends to be worse in the dark, but can be seen in all lighting conditions.

I have this, does anyone else here?

Wait, is seeing static in the dark not normal? :unsure:

Wow... Yeah....

I never even bothered to try to explain this to anyone else because I assumed everyone had it, as no one had spoken about it before. I was sure if it was something different someone would mention it.

After I had my first opticians appointment and everything came back fine... well, I thought it had to be something everyone had.

I can't imagine not having this.

I didn't know that this is something different. I once complained about it to an optometrist, but they told me that it was floaters, so I opted to ignore it and not have a needle plunged into my eye. But now that you've brought it to my attention, I have since looked up floaters, and can say that I don't have floaters. At least I can definitely say what it is, now. Personally, it isn't as bad as the .gif in the article for me, unless I am just that used to it and can block most of it out.

NerotheReaper

I am surprised it has an actual name, and I am glad to know I am not the only one with this. Thanks for sharing!

I remember actually learning about Visual Snow through AVEN a few years back. I personally experience it, and have since a very young age, if not my entire life.

I vaguely remember a dream from when I was 3~5 in which the visual snow just started seeping into my vision, like a blanket enveloping everything, and while I don't know if I had it prior to that dream, I had it ever since, but I when I tried to ask about it that young, nobody knew what I was talking about, so I just shrugged and assumed it was normal.

Archived