Feeling a bit down about... gender related stuff?

Suede (8)

I don't really have a question here, I've been feeling weird lately because I've read some nasty things on the internet about transgender stuff (that's something stupid I do sometimes, read about what "normal" people think about transgender people or masculine women/feminine men)...

So I started thinking what if I hadn't transitioned?

Well, I'd be a woman with short hair who doesn't shave anywhere (it's unbelievable how much this disturbs a lot of people...), doesn't wear dresses, heels, skirts, tight clothes, or any feminine clothes in general, doesn't wear any make up either, and is angry 99% of the time from having to deal with people saying EVERY SINGLE DAY "be more feminine", or people using feminine adjectives or pronouns... oh and also feels uncomfortable about having breasts and fat on the hips (but I guess that's something people can live with -_-')

It really annoys me to hear people telling trans guys: it doesn't matter what you do to your body, you'll always be a female. Like, ok, I have female genitalia, so what? I tried being a normal female and it sucked, it didn't feel natural to me and made me feel really tired. I identify as male because it's easier for me to live as a man (but if I say I am a "transgender man" there'll always be someone telling me there's something wrong with me). Why do people have to be so mean to anyone that's "different"?

So this is it xD reply anything you like since there's no real question here, and thanks for reading I guess

Reading stuff, even in other support forums, inevitably gets my hackles up. I completely get where you're coming from.. AFAB here, unsure what to do about myself but never have and never will BE A WOMAN.

Are you at a place with transition where you can at least go stealth in real life most of the time?

Reading stuff, even in other support forums, inevitably gets my hackles up. I completely get where you're coming from.. AFAB here, unsure what to do about myself but never have and never will BE A WOMAN.

Are you at a place with transition where you can at least go stealth in real life most of the time?

Yeah, totally it's been 4 years since I started my transition and I've been on testosterone for 2 years, I pass always. The only problem I have is that in my country it is illegal to get my name changed to a male one and my sex on my ID, but unless people ask for my ID I'm always fine :l in the university my teachers know and a few classmates but I haven't had any problems yet, or at least not anything I couldn't handle xD

Oh God, if I'd never "transitioned" (Or the closest equivalent to it in my case), I'd still be a shell of a person, like I was all through growing up. Part of me does associate with the male identity, so I was able to "live", at the very least. But I wouldn't be as happy or outgoing, and I'd still wear the dullest clothing possible like I used to. And obviously I'd still be in the closet about how I feel.

I've yet to get any crap, but as my apearance becomes more effeminate, I'm bound to get negative comments, especially since I don't conform to most people's idea of gender. I mean, there are plenty of people out there who can accept trans people, but then like to tell non-binary people they don't exist. :( I don't know why people feel the need to stick their noses in other people's business like that, but that's apparently just the way it is.

*many hugs*

Have a decorative cake, in compensation for the world not being all sunshine and roses:

57690cb4cc74f2514545b8ed24cf9c4f.jpg

Calligraphette_Coe

It really annoys me to hear people telling trans guys: it doesn't matter what you do to your body, you'll always be a female. Like, ok, I have female genitalia, so what? I tried being a normal female and it sucked, it didn't feel natural to me and made me feel really tired. I identify as male because it's easier for me to live as a man (but if I say I am a "transgender man" there'll always be someone telling me there's something wrong with me). Why do people have to be so mean to anyone that's "different"?

Probably because contentment eludes them and misery loves company? And it really frosts their cookies when someone in an outgroup moves heaven and earth to find it. Something they can't find in themselves to do.

I've had people tell me that I live inside my head, that I'll never be this or that. I dunno, I haven't done too badly for all the medical stuff thrown like boulders into my path. Having known a lot of pain, I guess I can roll with the punches pretty well. But I know what you mean-- sometimes, it just feels like crossing a bridge too far.

I totally understand where your coming from as one who is AFAB. I can't even tell you how many times I get told to "act" or "present" more feminine from my family. As if they don't by now that I don't really care that much ...

• 2 weeks later...

I think EVERYONE is judged no matter who or what people are, whether it's their hieight, hairstyle, the way someone talks, the way someone walks... There will always be someone judging someone or criticising about something, I just tell people to look at themselves before even thinking about saying anything derogatory about someone else, they will always find they are people in a glass house about to throw a stone.... You guys are a lot further down the road than me though, I've recently come out to a few that I'm ace, Aro, and Agender fluid, I swing from no gender to waves femininity, never masculine (thank the Lord) so I guess I'll be putting some of what i just preached into more practice over the coming months lol...

Archived