Do you eat meat?

WinterWanderer

217 members have voted

1. 1. What type of diet do you follow?

• I'm vegan.
    • I'm vegetarian.
    • I'm pescatarian.
    • I follow another type of diet that limits my meat intake.
    • I'm an omnivore.
    • Other (please explain)

This poll is closed to new votes

chair jockey

I'd try a meat-free diet, but my low income forces me to share meals with my father and brother, and my brother cooks for all three of us. For cultural reasons my father and brother believe that lots of meat makes you feel rich even when you're not, so we always have too much meat at meals. One of my goals if I am ever able to return to work is to start managing my own meals entirely, and at that time I might try a vegetarian diet as an experiment. But I don't know how far away that is or if it will ever happen.

Omnivore. But, it's mostly chicken or turkey. I try to limit the amount of red meat that I eat. I don't eat any kind of seafood or fish, I can't stand the taste or smell.

Félinferno

Omnivore here. 

I'd like to try becoming a pescatarian one day though. I could never go vegetarian or vegan, because I love seafood and cheese too much.

SamwiseLovesLife

Vegan for 3 years, no intention of ever going back :)

Arvid of Rivendell

Vegetarian. I watched too many slaughterhouse videos, and I didn't like meat/seafood to begin with (excluding things like hamburger and shawarma), so it wasn't too hard of a decision. 

I'm 95% vegan, sometimes I eat vegetarian when there's nothing else available but I tend to avoid it more often than not. 

Vegetarian! No meat for me (no fish either, they are friends not food!)

But I am fine with eggs and milk....

I don't care what anyone else does and if I am lucky enough to have kids one day I will be cooking them meals with meat (though maybe less than the average American household) until they are 18 when they can choose how they want to live.

You bet I do! Meat is the best, I love meat..
I would have no objections to going completely carnivore xD

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Been vegetarian most of my life, but working towars veganism. My daughter became vegan last year and her health is much improved.

I would like to second @borkfork's statement that lamb is the best of all meats. I'm also very fond of sashimi. I once talked to someone who claimed that his goal in life was to earn enough money so that he could live off straight sashimi. I wouldn't go that far because I like variety, but I can see where he was coming from.

Fruit, vegetables, and bread (particularly French bread), are also delicious. But I'm not a dessert person, which I realize is kind of ironic given our cake symbolism.

Squirrel Combat

I eat ALL the meat.

• 3 weeks later...
cooliocool

I'm an omnivore. I eat whatever foods fit my dietary needs and my religion. 

AshenPhoenix

People often mistake me for a vegetarian. I'm not. I'm just super picky and most meats have an incredibly gross texture <_< 

Dark General

Yup, I do eat meat. I love meat. That being said, there are still types of meat that I won't eat. I won't eat turkey and venison. I could never be a vegetarian because there aren't very many vegetables I like and I could never be a vegan because I would have to give up milk, cheese, and fish which are all things I also really like.  

I'm not a particularly strict pescatarian. When I have a choice, I avoid meat, but I won't starve myself to avoid it. It is really just the taste and texture of meat that puts me off it. 

We have a bunch of special teeth in our mouths that are designed to rip and tear at animal flesh.  We should keep those teeth working.  

Grumpy Alien
1 hour ago, Sally said:

We have a bunch of special teeth in our mouths that are designed to rip and tear at animal flesh.  We should keep those teeth working.  

I also have an appendix and leg hair...

arekathevampyre

yes . Though I have quit eating beef and do not eat lamb/other weird meats like rabbits or pegions . I do eat chicken and fish . trying to stop eating pork . I will try to quit eating meat soon .

I am lacking in fruits unfortunately and I don't like fruits haha

19 hours ago, The Dryad said:

Oh Lord, this again ..

I know. People should look facts up.

Anthracite_Impreza

Omnivore, though I've worked on making my breakfast vegetarian (unless I fancy salmon cos otherwise my joints would be even creakier). 

God of the Forest

Im an accidental vegan meaning, I don't really make much of a conscious effort to be vegan (I used to), its just the foods I eat on a regular basis and the foods I prefer just so happen to be vegan. Plus Im lactose intolerant (but thats mostly because I'm Native American. fun fact: Around 75% of Native Americans are lactose intolerant)

Internetlionboy

I eat both meat and vegetables but mostly meat. The only type of meat I can't eat which is pork. It makes my stomach feel weird like I feel like I'll throw up in better words. I don't know I think I just have a weird intolerance to it I don't know shrugs. I'm a huge fan of chicken it's so good and very juicy but I don't mind eating any types of meat besides pork <3 <3 I have to get around to eating more vegetables and just having more variety. There are some vegetables aren't too bad and also fruits are pretty nice. I love strawberries, grapes, bananas, just most fruits.

Archived