Lurker now making a post.

teerex

Hi everyone.

I've been sort of stalking this site for a little while and joined as a user so I could see the meetup threads (which seem kind of not very active but oh well!). Now, I am moving to Florida next month and it would be cool to make some friends in that area to at least see once in a while--I know nobody there and work from home, and compounded by my hermit-ous nature there is basically a zero percent chance that I'll go out and "make" friends, heh.

Anyway, I've been hesitant to post on here because people seem to be obsessed with labels? Like, I see people go "I feel like this, what is it?" and others will be like, "look up [insert sexuality term here]" and I'm just like ??? Like, I know that it can be reassuring that something has a name, but it sort of bothers me that people seem to over-identify and use labels as a means of finding who they are. I don't mean to get super philosophical about it but, well, that was my hesitancy for lurking so long. Let's just say I'm intimidated by y'all. I avoid strong personalities and I know that groups on the internet sort of encourage that so, I dunno.

As for my own labels let's just say I've never been physically attracted to anyone my entire life and the thought of sex disgusts me, and, well, after a few recent events like incessant friends and others clearly being attracted to me and wanting to date me and me feeling threatened by that, I feel like I'm at a point where I just need to talk to others about it.

I have some not very active accounts on asexualitic and acebook but, eh. I just lurk so much.

I uuused to have a tumblr, monocoleporter, but if you take a look at it you'll see it's dead, haha.

In short, I'm artsy, currently writing a book and doing medical transcription, not having too much time for really going on the internet or being a fan of, like, literally anything so, right now it'd be cool to talk to some vaguely similar people? I'm posting this to encourage myself to actually participate in the forums here, and I hope to make some friends. So, here I am :)

iwanttodeletethisaccount

hey :) I was also a lurker on here for a long time and i still don't really write much.. i also don't know how to label myself coz i still don't even really know what i am, but like you i've never been sexually attracted to anyone and the idea of sex repulses me so, high five

39bee4f33728e1f54402d858540d373c-weekend

feel free to message me if you want

hey :) I was also a lurker on here for a long time and i still don't really write much.. i also don't know how to label myself coz i still don't even really know what i am, but like you i've never been sexually attracted to anyone and the idea of sex repulses me so, high five

39bee4f33728e1f54402d858540d373c-weekend

feel free to message me if you want

Yay! Yeah I get kind of existential about labels, sort of like, who cares? I feel like I know myself well enough to not really feel the need to explain myself to anyone since it doesn't really matter. But, in terms of this site, asexuality is becoming more important to me lately and, since I don't know anyone who I can talk to about it in person, I think it might be good for me to actually socialize on here :cake:

Anyway, I've been hesitant to post on here because people seem to be obsessed with labels? Like, I see people go "I feel like this, what is it?" and others will be like, "look up [insert sexuality term here]" and I'm just like ??? Like, I know that it can be reassuring that something has a name, but it sort of bothers me that people seem to over-identify and use labels as a means of finding who they are.

This this this this this.

I never got why this labelling stuff is so important to people. Of course it's good to know what's going on and that the way you feel isn't a "condition" or anything but sometimes the hunt for labels is just ridiculous. Just live your life!

You've got a good starting point from where you are. Anyways, there's no need to feel intimidated by AVENites, we're a friendly and supporting bunch of people from all across the globe.

Have fun - and cake!

kuchen-ohne-backen-1-size-3.jpg

Archived