Tumblr queue tags

Lightning Blue Ray

Lightning Blue Ray

I've seen some people that I follow use queue tags, ranging from the generic #q to original queue tag puns. I started using one myself, even though I'm not sure what the purpose of queue tags are. I mean, it's not I'm gonna look specifically for queued posts in anyone's blog. But maybe people use them for other reasons.

SpaceDustbin

I think for some the queue tag is to show that they're not online atm. I had a simple one called Q'd at some point, but then ditched it again. So now when I'm queuing posts you can't see the difference between direct reblog and queues, but it doesn't reeeaaally matter I guess ;)

I'm sometimes a bit annoyed with other people's queue tags if they're too long :p

I think it's mostly to distinguish manually written/reblogged posts from automated - not specifically for searching purposes but as a sort of an indicator for availability. Queues are generally used to automate content when the blogger isn't around. So an interrupted sequence of queued posts will most likely mean that the blogger is offline and any asks or messages won't be answered immediately.

I don't use queue at all so I have no need for the tag - if I'm posting, I'm online.

I don't use q tags even though I have queues for my blogs. But I'm usually online every day anyway.

I also think the main reason is for others to see if you are online and "actively blogging". There are some cute q puns or fandom references that I appreciate but I don't really care about q tags otherwise.

IceHurricane

I have no idea why people use them, but my guess would be to let people know that they're not online right now. Like if you say you went to bed but your queue was still posting things people would be like " :o LIAR!" and you'd have to explain like "nonono I was asleep I swear! That was just my queue!" and they'd be like:

giphy.gif

Or maybe one day someone just decided to tag their queue for no reason and everyone else started doing it because they wanted to do what everyone else was doing (which is why I started doing it :wub: )

When I first had my Supernatural blog, my queue tag was "this queue look funny to you?" because of the Supernatural quote:

giphy.gif

But then I just started using 'q' because it was easier to write.

cavalier080854

Tumblr is a cesspit. I don't go there now.

Archived