Introducing myself :)

Blomme

Hello everyone!

My name's Tee, and I literally just joined this website, after going through weeks of considering doing it.. Since this is the introductory part of this website's forum, I hope you won't mind, if I share my short story here.

I'm a teenage-girl, and still trying to figure out my sexuality, though I think that I may be asexual. Since I was very young, I've always felt very different from my friends, when it comes to crushes and/or sexual attraction. Things is, I've never felt sexually attracted to anyone, or even thought sexually about anyone or anything. Growing up, I kept trying to convince myself that my lack of sexual desire was merely a phase, and that I'd grow out of it soon (meet some cute guys, develop feelings for them, etc.), but after many years of desperately trying to fit in and faking attraction to guys in an attempt to be "like the others" within my groups of friends, I've come to the conclusion that I may, in fact, just be very different from my friends. I've, countless times, felt like something is wrong with me, to be honest. Like I am "broken" in some way, or that my brain just isn't normal, so I'm glad that I discovered that "asexuality" exists, and that there are other people like me out there. I don't know what else to say about myself, other than that I'm still trying to figure out who and what I am, which is why I joined this website. I found the link to these forums while browsing a few youth-websites, and I was incredibly happy to find out that this place exists.

My family can be quite conservative when it comes to things like sexuality, and I don't feel ready to talk with my friends about this yet, so I hope that I'll be able to meet a few like-minded people on this website, hear other people's stories, and maybe make some new friends, that'll understand these worries/feelings/things. So, feel free to drop me a few messages - I'll always be happy to chat ^^

Pardon if my English is bad or difficult to understand - my first language is danish :s

And, just about myself shortly;

I live in Copenhagen, and I'm currently studying taking the physics/mathematics-study specialty in the danish version of High School, since I'd like to study physics or astronomy in the future. In my freetime I like playing videogames, reading comics, or just hanging out with friends.

Looking forward to being part of this community :)

Cheers,

Tee

Ehm... My computer kind of went batshit crazy and started posting the same post as a maniac, so I apologize for the "spam". I don't know why it posted the same topic four times. I'm not a spammer, no worries. Sorry ^^'

Hi Tee - and welcome! :)

If you would like to chat or possibly meet other people in Copenhagen, check out some of the links in my signature :) I've been told we don't bite :P

Feel free to write anytime :)

/Martin

Hi Tee! Welcome to AVEN and thanks for sharing your story!

I definitely felt like I just wasn't there yet, that eventually something would change, but it just never happened. I, too, was very happy to finally learn about asexuality. And your English isn't bad at all!

Feel free to PM me if you're looking for friends!

No worries, multiple posting like that is a common noob mistake.

Welcome to AVEN, it's awesome that you have been figuring out your (a)sexuality.

I'm actually very interested in astronomy and physics too. Have you read Brian Greene's books about string theory, space-time, and multiverse theory? I highly recommend them. I listened to them as audiobooks and I'm still trying to wrap my hard around the concepts they bring up.

No worries, multiple posting like that is a common noob mistake.

Welcome to AVEN, it's awesome that you have been figuring out your (a)sexuality.

I'm actually very interested in astronomy and physics too. Have you read Brian Greene's books about string theory, space-time, and multiverse theory? I highly recommend them. I listened to them as audiobooks and I'm still trying to wrap my hard around the concepts they bring up.

Feel free to PM me.

HeatherGrace

Hi Tee!!

Don't worry, mine did the same and posted 3 times... Oops ;) Great to hear from you and welcome to Aven!! I'm pretty new too. I hope aven will help you work out some things and help! You're definitely not broken and I understand not wanting to or feeling like you can talk to family and friends, though I hope they'd be supportive if you did :) My close friends are quite sexual too which can make me feel isolated and "left behind".

So welcome to aven! :) :cake:

- Heather xx

AceInDaBlackHole

Hi Tee!

I'm very new here, too. Similar story.

Glad this community is here. It's important to break the silence.

So much to learn! Seems like a safe environment. How did you find it? I found it on google looking for something related to asexuality for a friend.

AITBH

Thanks, everyone, for the greetings! ^^

@AceInDaBlackHole

I was actually recommended to visit it, while on a website about sexuality for youngsters. I also read about it in an article :)

Anime-Blather

Hello there! I'm new too, and trying to work out where I fall on the ace spectrum. If you want to talk feel free to pm me. :)

Archived