Anyone catch themself glancing at breasts?

AnotherAcePun

AnotherAcePun

I'm rather repulsed by them; I also don't want people to think I'm attracted to them.

But whenever I look towards thair general area I glance there subconsciously.

For example, don't look at the bottom right of your screen.

Look anywhere else but there.

You probably looked there, right? Its kinda the same with breasts to me.

Any thoughts?

Well if you look at them enough it'll go away hopefully. ;)

One Winged Angel

I never notice breasts, unless they are impossible to miss such as unusually large. In everyday life, if you ask me about the size of someone's breast for example, it is almost guaranteed that I did not notice.

Of course, what you are saying about looking at the bottom of the screen is a cute psychological phenomena, like saying "don't think about a car". If you are trying not to think about or look at something, you will probably end up doing so. I have this problem with eye contact like that, where I don't know where I should be 'putting' my eyes when talking to people.

Breasts though never really enter my mind!

Lord Jade Cross

I did not look at the bottom of the screen so I win :P

As for the question, unless its something like an in your face situation, I will not notice them.

Since i just cant look people into eyes my eyes tend to wander and 1 place they pass on their journey tends to be breasts over and over, im bit worried women think im "that kind of creep"

Prufrock, but like, worse

Breasts no. I mean yes, see also avatar, but I have no clue how some people are so obsessed and entranced by them. For butts though, I have a similar problem to OP except swap out "they repulse me" with "I don't want people to think I'm a creeper."

I did avoid looking at the bottom right of my screen though, if that counts for anything.

A. I have them so I don't really think much about other's breasts.

B. Even if it's a guy a bare chest repulses me so...

But I have had the problem if someone is wearing a really low cut shirt or really short shorts it's kind of hard not to notice because it's just kinda hanging out. Ya know? For things like that I feel like if people stare the person who is wearing those clothes doesn't really get to complain, it's kinda hanging out......

I know for myself if I wear tight clothes to show off my curves (nothing too revealing) it's because I want to look good, (not the type of attention I want but I don't really mind as long as no one approaches me.)

And I double check before I leave the house to make sure it's something that isn't over the top. I don't want people catcalling me after all lol.

I only notice breasts if they're falling out of clothing, but I also have them and I'm not particularly repulsed by them.

Also, I didn't look at the corner of the screen. I did create a mental image of my phone and focused in on the corner in my imagination, though that's most likely a normal visualization of a description.

Yah, I do. I'm not good at eye contact, so I look at the neck and breast areas a lot...then turn my glance sidewards to keep from seeming like I'm specifically staring at them. I'm a girl, so I don't think people would think I'm a creeper, but--

A lot. I'm not repulsed by them at all, though (unless they're scarily huge :ph34r: )... I actually find boobs pretty awesome - it's just that even the most beautiful pair doesn't get me to desire sex with the person whose body they are a part of.

AceInDaBlackHole

Not from attraction, although I did question it, at one point. I'm an artist and spent some time with a pro. I learned to sketch the human body and it is more of an artistic challenge to sketch women than it is to sketch men.

I actually can no longer sketch the human body and never could finish a sketch of an entire person - not an adult from imagination anyway. I could sketch people I knew but now hardly sketch and when I do, it's not a person.

In real life, I think the times I would notice another person's chest was when I was searching for my own identity; trying to learn how I feel about myself.

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. It may be telling you something.

Janus the Fox

I've never had a glance of any breasts, nothing that I take notice either way.

I personally don't really notice other people's breasts unless they're wearing a really low cut shirt or some other type of clothing that draws attention to them. But even when I am looking at someone else breasts, I don't really get anything out of it unless they're aesthetically attractive. I could just as easily be looking at a person's knees for all I care, and can't really comprehend why some other people find them so appealing :lol:

touching-not-so-much

I agree, there are facets of breasts and the eyes being drawn to them that likely have many origins, from biology and drive to cultural normativity or "expectations" to reverse psychology "taboo" to artistic "model" consideration (ah, breasts, good, this looks like a good example to try to keep in mind) to aesthetic appreciation of form or texture or composite for just a psychological "correctness" like sitting your glass in the center of a tile of a table, sorta OCD.

And of course, asexuals can have sexual urges without that invalidating the idea of asexuality. I'm aro as far as I know, but I'm a hetero guy so I have both aesthetic and I guess the "guy" urge, though it's like "oh boy, breasts" and then I look and am like "yep, there they are, those sure are breasts" and then that's over - kinda anticlimactic (pun ...not intended?).

I don't stare at random women's breasts though, that's rude.

Easier said than done, particularly when you're talking to the person in question..

Easier said than done, particularly when you're talking to the person in question..

There was this one female customer at work and she had a large cleavage which she apparently had no intentions of hiding from the public. She was sitting there and I was standing right in front of her, looking down to check her ticket. All of a sudden she pulled her mobile out and held it somewhat strangely above her chest. It looked ridiculous, even to me. The hell?

Then it dawned to me that she was using her phone to shield her breasts from peeks, possibly by large guys standing right in front of her :D *facepalm*

I agree, there are facets of breasts and the eyes being drawn to them that likely have many origins, from biology and drive to cultural normativity or "expectations" to reverse psychology "taboo" to artistic "model" consideration (ah, breasts, good, this looks like a good example to try to keep in mind) to aesthetic appreciation of form or texture or composite for just a psychological "correctness" like sitting your glass in the center of a tile of a table, sorta OCD.

And of course, asexuals can have sexual urges without that invalidating the idea of asexuality. I'm aro as far as I know, but I'm a hetero guy so I have both aesthetic and I guess the "guy" urge, though it's like "oh boy, breasts" and then I look and am like "yep, there they are, those sure are breasts" and then that's over - kinda anticlimactic (pun ...not intended?).

I just love how you each time are describing me :)

I may not be good at eye contact, but I have certain coping strategies (which are probably by far not perfect) to deal with it, usually looking either slightly sideways or at some random point at the face (e.g. the point between eyebrows) without really focusing on the person, so I don't have that problem of accidentally looking at breasts and coming across as a creep that much, rather just being socially awkward in terms of eye contact I guess.

In most cases, if someone would ask me if I saw the breasts of someone, I won't even know simply because there is a high likeliness I didn't look that way. I find faces and facial features much more interesting to look at, even if I have troubles with eye contact, but that issue is usually only the case in direct confrontations when people start to look back.

Heck, I have even been in various situations where someone asked me if I "saw those breasts" and I was like "Huh? What?". :P

I will likely only notice if it really is noticable, for example if they are exceptionally big or if the person in question draws attention to it or wears something which drags attention towards the chest area (a low cut shirt with nacklace and a low hanging pendant framing that area for example - that's what I call composition lines in 3D-space in real life :rolleyes:).

I'm also not repulsed by seeing them either. I can look at pictures of exposed breasts and if you want to get an idea of human anatomy for various artistic purposes, you won't even get around looking at nude or semi-nude models, but I only see it from an aesthetical point of view.

I don't really understand all the fuzz about that and how exactly it "turns people on" by looking at them. They're just protruding versions of varying sizes of the male chest area to me.

PS: I didn't look at the corner of my screen. ;)