Onision now identifies as Biromantic Heterosexual

Star Bit

Of course there are some negative comments, but most are actually happy for him.

The likes are 25 times more than the dislikes (currently being 18,000 to 700).

People stating they have a cross-orientation or realized they do due to the video are on every page (i.e. at least one of each per page actually). :wub:

:/ Good for him I guess..? Considering Onision's reputation, he's not exactly someone I'd want other people to associate biromanticism with, but he has a young audience, and anyone bringing attention to how people's sexual and romantic orientations can be different is a good thing, especially if they have an established platform.

I'm just glad he's so open about his feelings in regards to his orientation. He's pretty accepting despite his reputation. And as long as he's not joking or pulling an elaborate prank, I'm happy for him.

Nah, the comments say this is on his serious channel and not categorized comedically (and he apparently doesn't miscategorize).

Damn, comments hurt...but I'm happy for him. Some people don't understand even though terms can sound silly the feelings are still there and aren't going away.

Actually, at least currently, the first few comments are negative, but past that they're predominantly positive.

Oh gosh, I love Greg. Understandable that where he stands with most people is not a positive place, but we should give him props for him coming out and being proud of who he is. So I'm very happy for him ^_^

Onision is a complete jerkwad IMVHO

butterflydreams

I have to be honest, these kinds of things from these kinds of people online scare me.

Has anyone followed the recent thing where CopperCab is now Claire? You might remember CopperCab as the angry red-haired kid who posted a video almost 10 years ago flipping out about "why gingers really do have souls". It was all trolling/satire, and CopperCab has been notorious for that over the years. It's very good satire and trolling, but there's a good chunk of me that's like, "omg, CopperCab is just doing this to revive their dead channel and dead image. I'm...I'm really hurt by this :(" I hope not obviously, but you can never tell with these people.

scarletlatitude

Moving to romantic and aromantic orientations forum

scarletlatitude

World Watch mod

I don't understand why this is a big deal at all and what it has to do with asexuality?

Because it is highlighting that there is a difference between romantic attraction and sexual attraction, and that those two things do not need to line up 100% in every person. As the presence of so much diversity of romantic orientation within the asexual community would indicate, that fact is a huge point that we in our community try to educate people on, and having someone with a cross-orientation like Onison speaking about his experience serves to help further that education.

^ exactly

WhenSummersGone

I like that someone explained the difference between sexual and romantic orientation, however I don't care for this guy so I'm not going to watch this video.

The Terrible Travis

lol onision can go fuck himself

Seriously....

There's a section where he talks about asexuality....

He's rather irritating...

Seriously....

There's a section where he talks about asexuality....

He's rather irritating...

This was from over a year ago. Maybe he changed once he realized he had a cross-orientation himself.

No matter how you slice it, the dude can be serious asshole. But yeah, good for him, and it's great that other people are realizing their own orientations!

• 4 weeks later...

Never take Onision seriously, he lies sometimes and other times you can't even tell if he's serious or just joking around.

-this song is a true classic....

Archived