• I do not play Pokemon Go
    • 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 21-25
    • 26-30
    • 31+
  2. 2. How many Pokemon do you have registered in your Pokedex?

• Caught: 1-20
    • Caught: 21-40
    • Caught: 41-60
    • Caught: 61-80
    • Caught: 81-100
    • Caught: 101-120
    • Caught: 121-140
    • Caught: 141-142 (All that are currently available)
    • Seen: 1-20
    • Seen: 21-40
    • Seen: 41-60
    • Seen: 61-80
    • Seen: 81-100
    • Seen 101-120
    • Seen 121-140
    • Seen: 141-142 (All that are currently available)
    • I do not play Pokemon Go
  3. 3. For those who live in urban areas, what level are you, and how many Pokemon are registered in your Pokedex (Caught, not seen)

• Level 1-5
    • Level 6-10
    • Level 11-15
    • Level 16-20
    • Level 21-25
    • Level 26-30
    • Level 31+
    • Pokedex (Caught): 1-20
    • Pokedex (Caught): 21-40
    • Pokedex (Caught): 41-60
    • Pokedex (Caught): 61-80
    • Pokedex (Caught): 81-100
    • Pokedex (Caught): 101-120
    • Pokedex (Caught): 121-140
    • Pokedex (Caught): 141-142 (All that are currently available)
    • I do not play Pokemon Go so I have no level or Pokemon registered in the Pokedex or I do not live in an urban area.
  4. 4. For those who live in suburban areas, what level are you, and how many Pokemon are registered in your Pokedex (Caught, not seen)

• Level 1-5
    • Level 6-10
    • Level 11-15
    • Level 16-20
    • Level 21-25
    • Level 26-30
    • Level 31+
    • I do not play Pokemon Go so I have no level or Pokemon registered in the Pokedex or I do not live in a suburban area.
  5. 5. For those who live in rural areas, what level are you, and how many Pokemon are registered in your Pokedex (Caught, not seen)

• Level 1-5
    • Level 6-10
    • Level 11-15
    • Level 16-20
    • Level 21-25
    • Level 26-30
    • Level 31+
    • I do not play Pokemon Go so I have no level or Pokemon registered in the Pokedex or I do not live in a rural area.

This poll is closed to new votes

I am currently level 20 and registered 79 (I have seen 80 though... The one I missed is Persian).

Grumpy Alien

Level 15 with 58 in my Pokedex and seen 60. I actually play all the time but they're not abundant around here :(

Level 15 with 58 in my Pokedex and seen 60. I actually play all the time but they're not abundant around here :(

I can relate to being in an area without a lot of Pokemon... The times I have succeeded the best were when I went to town parks and beaches on Long Island... as well as NYC near Broadway, Times Square and Central Park.

I'd also be interested in seeing where people live. Maybe add a question with options for urban, suburban, rural? Let me tell you, it's super different playing in Manhattan (visiting a friend), a suburb 45 minutes outside of NYC (visiting my mum and grandparents), and the middle of nowhere up in MA (where I live).

Level 25, about halfway to 26. I have 134 caught, 135 seen (a Venusaur fled after eating half a dozen ultra balls). I still need Venusaur (75 candies saved), Alakazam (120 candies*), Muk (23 candies), Lapras, Porygon, Kabutops (23 candies), Aerodactyl, and Dragonair/Dragonite (55 candies**). Plus Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, and the unreleased Pokémon. I do have both Mr. Mime and Tauros though, because I was in Europe when the game launched.

*I had a Kadabra, but it was a low level and had bad IVs, so I transferred it and I'm waiting for 125 in case I run into a better Abra than the one I'm holding on to now.

**Similarly, I haven't evolved a Dratini yet despite having enough candies because I know I'm going to run into a higher-level one by the time I have enough candies for Dragonite.

All i ever find are Pidgeys and Rattata :huh: ....Although i did find a Pikachu that I was rather proud of. ^_^

I'm level 11 and have seen 41 Pokemon, I don't play as much as I'd like to that's for sure :P

I'd also be interested in seeing where people live. Maybe add a question with options for urban, suburban, rural? Let me tell you, it's super different playing in Manhattan (visiting a friend), a suburb 45 minutes outside of NYC (visiting my mum and grandparents), and the middle of nowhere up in MA (where I live).

Have to say I agree with this very much. I lived in a town that should be considered urban but the pokestops do not agree with this as I could really only find abundant stops on campuses or downtown. Now that I'm in a real urban city, they're fucking everywhere. And when I go back home to visit my parents in a rural town, there's NOTHING!

I don't play this game and can't vote in this poll because that isn't an option for the second question.

I'm level 22 and have caught and seen 93 pokemon.

IceHurricane

I have 3 accounts. One is level 9, another is level 19, and the one I play now is level 16. I've caught 48 Pokemon in the one I play now.

If there's a "I do not play Pokemon Go" option for the first question, there needs to be one for the second question as well, since presumably someone who doesn't play hasn't caught any

and you can't submit an answer if you've only completed one part.

Oh no!! I did have that as an answer at first. When I remade the poll (because it did not work on mobile), I forgot :-( I am so sorry! Thank you for making me aware. I cannot believe I left that out.

I don't play this game and can't vote in this poll because that isn't an option for the second question.

I am so sorry- I had it in the original poll but when I submitted it on mobile, the poll failed to add so when I started from scratch on the computer, I forgot; I can't believe I forgot...

I just got to level 15, and I have 45 pokemon in my pokedex. I've seen 50, but there were five I wasn't able to catch because I was out of pokeballs or because the pokemon ran away too quickly.

Do you want to add in a "seen" part though? I mean, just for curiosity's sake.

I just became level 20. I've seen 83 and caught 80.

Level 20, and seen/caught 65

Rather low, I know, but I live in a PokeDesert and I'm counting on some eggs to bring me the good stuff :)

Level 25, about halfway to 26. I have 134 caught, 135 seen (a Venusaur fled after eating half a dozen ultra balls). I still need Venusaur (75 candies saved), Alakazam (120 candies*), Muk (23 candies), Lapras, Porygon, Kabutops (23 candies), Aerodactyl, and Dragonair/Dragonite (55 candies**). Plus Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, and the unreleased Pokémon. I do have both Mr. Mime and Tauros though, because I was in Europe when the game launched.

*I had a Kadabra, but it was a low level and had bad IVs, so I transferred it and I'm waiting for 125 in case I run into a better Abra than the one I'm holding on to now.

**Similarly, I haven't evolved a Dratini yet despite having enough candies because I know I'm going to run into a higher-level one by the time I have enough candies for Dragonite.

Great suggestion, thanks! I added questions for location, but I cannot find a way to allow people who already submitted their answers to also answer the new questions.

Do you want to add in a "seen" part though? I mean, just for curiosity's sake.

I just became level 20. I've seen 83 and caught 80.

I will add this right now. Thank you :-)

Thank you to all who made edit suggestions. I made them but unfortunately the poll making program does not allow for users who answered a previous version of the poll to add answers to the revised version. At least we can reply to the topic here though.

So for me (since I answered before editing):

Level: 20

Caught: 79

Seen: 80 (I missed a Persian in Times Square)

Area: Suburban (but some of my Pokemon were caught in urban and rural areas as well- I just usually have played in suburban areas.

Level 20, and seen/caught 65

Rather low, I know, but I live in a PokeDesert and I'm counting on some eggs to bring me the good stuff :)

Doesn't seem low at all :-) And good luck with the eggs.

Level 17, seen 62, caught 61. Stupid Dratini running away on me.

I am so sorry- I had it in the original poll but when I submitted it on mobile, the poll failed to add so when I started from scratch on the computer, I forgot; I can't believe I forgot...

No worries!

Thanks for updating the poll options.

I'm level 14 and I live in the suburbs. Caught and seen 63. I stopped playing for a bit since the 3 step bug, and now that the trackers gone, I've stopped playing in hopes that the tracker will be back.

I have 3 accounts. One is level 9, another is level 19, and the one I play now is level 16. I've caught 48 Pokemon in the one I play now.

3 accounts, one for each team? I was thinking about doing that.

No worries!

Thanks for updating the poll options.

You're welcome :-)

I'm level 13 currently, and my seen and caught are both at 51. I voted for both suburban and rural players (hope that won't screw the poll up too much) because I live in a borderline rural area (like if you drive in one direction, you'll hit a town, but if you go the other way, it's nothing but crops fields), but I spent the past 3 weeks in my hometown which is entirely suburban. And I'm on Team Instinct if anyone's curious.

Because I'm back in a rural area with mainly common pokemon, and all the tracking sites got taken down, my interest in Pokemon Go has really declined over the past few days. I can hardly take my eyes off my phone when I go places, but the game just isn't designed to be played in areas like where I live, so I hardly touch the app when I'm at home. (My house in my hometown used to get some really good spawns though for some reason. Both a jigglypuff and bulbasaur spawned while I was there) I'm looking forward to gen 2 getting released, but I'm nervous it won't get here until we're in the middle of winter. Winters are bad where I live per se, but my neighborhood doesn't plow or put salt down, so going for walks just isn't an option.

IceHurricane

3 accounts, one for each team? I was thinking about doing that.

No, all one team :lol: I keep changing the way I want to do things. I wasted too much stardust on my other 2 accounts. Powered up Pokemon I probably shouldn't have powered up. I know there's no "right" way to play, but I wanna be the very best :twisted:

I'm level 14 and I live in the suburbs. Caught and seen 63. I stopped playing for a bit since the 3 step bug, and now that the trackers gone, I've stopped playing in hopes that the tracker will be back.

I heard they are testing out a new tracker related to Pokestops.

level 11, caught 38, seen 39

i live in a small village full of pidgeys, weedles and rattatas so i got bored of it tbh. i have caught some more in towns but usually when i go out im busy (shopping or whatever) to play it

Level 20, caught 58 seen 59. I live in very small village with no pokestops or gyms and almost no pokemon except for, it seems, in my house where I have caught 99% of my pokemon. I think this is because I live next to a very high traffic river, while the roads around here are very low traffic, unfortunately this means that most of my 'sightings' are inaccessible because I don't have a boat. I have loads and load of water types and not much else :)

• 1 year later...

@M&M2014

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived