Daily Mail UK - Young woman says she is not attracted to anyone - and has known she is ASEXUAL since she was just 13

CosineTheCat

CosineTheCat
2016/08/22
For 18-year-old Selena Seraphin, being asexual is something she always felt she was, even before she had a word for it.
The model, who is based in Australia, said that she realised that she wasn't heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual when she was in her early teens.
'I realised I was asexual during early adolescence, around 13 or so. I had always felt as an asexual, however, I had only learnt about the orientation during that age,' she explained to Daily Mail.
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • 1 month later...
UncommonNonsense

I knew I was ace before I had a word for it, too. I had some decidedly ace-ish opinions and thoughts even when I was in primary school!

• 3 weeks later...

I think everyone in primary school has ace-ish opinions and thoughts.. I mean girls had coodies back then.

I made the terrible mistake of reading the comments T_T apparently (according the comments lol) if you wear makeup and look hot in pictures, then you're lying about being asexual.. urgh whyyy humanity????!!!!

I think everyone in primary school has ace-ish opinions and thoughts.. I mean girls had coodies back then.

I'd say kids are more "pre-sexual interest in other people'' as opposed to asexual.

UncommonNonsense

I knew I was ace before I had a word for it, too. I had some decidedly ace-ish opinions and thoughts even when I was in primary school!

Ok, poorly worded. You got me! :)

What I meant was that I was the only girl in my class who never wanted to marry or have children, even at a very young age. I said that my goal was to live alone out in the woods with lots of pets. This was the late 70s and early 80s, and the social climate was very different than it is now. Actively choosing not to marry (as opposed to being single because one could not find a suitable partner or being widowed) was still considered quite scandalous for girls/women.

Archived