How can I explain it?

Curious Cat here. I am an aromantic asexual. How can I explain to people how I might "like" someone? Whenever I try people just get confused or question whether or not I'm actually an aro/ace.

God of the Forest

Well first, you are not responsible for their confusion, if they don't understand that even an aromantic asexual is capable of "liking" someone, you owe them no explanation or reasoning behind your interest in someone. Second, its important to understand that it is often the case that people are conditioned to think a certain way, your situation is a good example to show that people think that if you "like" someone it has to be romantic in nature, this is not the case as there are such things as QPRs (Queer Platonic Relationship) . Third, its also important for one to understand that just because you identify as ace/aro does NOT mean that you are incapable of the possibility of romantic feelings or attractions, it merely means that in your current state as a human, which is forever in the process of change, does not experience romantic or sexual attraction nor the desire to engage in romantic or sexual activity at present, this, as with all things, is subject to change. You are more than your sexuality/gender/orientation/etc.

All of the above being said, though you owe no one any explanation or insight into your feelings/attractions/lack of attractions, it is also important that if someone close to you needs help understanding a little better and you feel you want to help them understand, simply take the time, educate them. Nothing is ever black and white, nothing is set in stone. Be your beautiful self. Do you and do you well sweetie! I hope this helps! And I hope youre having a splendid and beautiful day! *gives you a puppy to cuddle*

So i assume these people link your behavior to romantic?

It's someone who likes me and I "like" him in return. I was trying to explain to him that I am capable of liking him, just not in conventional standards. Then there's my mom who I just came out to and she was trying to understand. I'm trying to find ways that can explain that I appreciate them and can visualise us spending time together.

"I only platoncially like you and want to be your friend"