Asexual Novel Publishing

I'm writing a YA novel with an asexual, aromantic, agender protagonist. I was wondering if anybody knew any good places to consider publishing it? I'm wanting to find publishers who would be particularly interested in asexuality or any LGBTQIA works.

That's a good question. I don't think I've ever heard of anything like an asexually oriented publisher. I'd be fascinated to hear if anyone has any insight with this.

I found a publisher a while ago that was specifically interested in asexual stories but I've been struggling to find them again.

I'm afraid I don't have an answer to your question but I have a question to your question XD

Is the protagonist also the narrator of the novel? I do research in queer narratology, this book might bring new elements to my work, so I'd be interested in hearing more about it :)

You can always start publishing it on Wattpad. I've known authors who end up being discovered on Wattpad

• 1 month later...

The story is told in first person present tense so the character is also the story's narrator.

These publishing houses all publish books with asexual protagonist, if anyone is interested:

Creative Aces Publishing

Harmony Ink Press

Riptide Publishing

Triton Books

There are some other publishers that typically publish exclusively homosexual relationships but will publish homoromantic relationships even if one of the characters are asexual. I haven't included them here because they were irrelevant to my piece. I think self-publishing may be a good route too for novels with asexual/aromantic/non-binary characters.