How I have lived to this date

faisal6309

I am from a Muslim country where you are suppose to marry as soon as possible. Because they think that way young people won't practice open relationship with or without consent of their parents.

I have no pressure for marriage right now because of financial matters. So I am good for now. I said above things because I wanted you all to know how it works in this society.

I am not attracted to anyone. I never was. Never had any crushes. I did thought about relationships and sex. I even practiced it because I was curious. People around me were like, "Hey, I am having an affair with this girl. Why do you always be stay away from girls. Why don't you talk about them. You should have a girlfriend as well. Hey, we can help you if you ask." So I did got into this relationship thing and got out of it very soon.

I never really liked the presence of people around. When I was young I use to stay away from everyone. I was too young for them to let me get away from their eyes so I sat on one corner of the room where no one would want to be. I had no friends in school and only has two friends form college. I don't even like presence of my siblings.

I was always an imaginative person. I would imagine different things. For example, if I see a toy, I will give him life in my imagination and think of them doing different things like saving the day. Making abstract art in my own imagination was another things I did a lot. I told some people about my imagination and they thought I am weird. Stopped telling people about it.

I always had doubt about the existence of god. I once told my mother about my doubts and she said to never talk on this topic as it is not the something I want to do. After 14 years, now I am finally letting the god go away.

The worst part about my experience is everyone bullying me. They still do and I show them "I don't care" face. But it was too much for me when I was in school and college. They want me to be like them but I want to change. I am confused.

• 2 weeks later...
sir octepus tea

thanks for sharing your story :cake::cake::cake:

I'm an atheist (don't believe in any god or practice any religion), and sounds like you might be too. And bullying sucks, especially when it's about something you can't control.

Luftschlosseule

Hello! (:
Have you ever thought about doing your art physically? Would you have the means to try? I mean, would be possible to work with ... trash sounds harsh. Stuff nobody needs and is cheap to get.
You sound like it could be worth a try, you could show everyone that your ideas may be unusual, but the kind of beautiful unusual.

I was bullied, too, and it helped me a lot to express myself through art, although I am more the writing and drawing kind of person.

I tried everything, but in the end I recognized that I have to live with myself all my life. Yeah, well, I have to live with them, too, but I can't change their behavior. Only mine. So I stopped trying to fit in and became the weird, polite bookworm.

Archived