To tell or not to tell... that is the question...

*fingerguns*

*fingerguns*

Ok, so i go to this psychologist every few weeks and she helps with school, also i think i may have ADHD and i am going to get tested.

Should I tell her that I now identify as ace or nah? I'm not having trouble with it or anything... just, yea.

Should i tell her?

I guess it depends on how comfortable you feel telling people. I can't imagine it would be a problem to mention it. If you're worried you could test the waters by mentioning asexuality to see how they react. You could also wait to see if anything related comes up in the sessions and mention it then. Don't feel obligated to though because they don't need to know.

if you feel comfortable telling her, and you feel she needs to know about your asexuality, id say do it. however, some psychologists react negatively and claim that asexuality doesnt exist or is symptoms of another disorder (which may be the case for some people), so id be wary about telling her if youre unsure how she'd react

One Winged Angel

I would personally suggest holding back unless you are entirely comfortable. If there is a chance this therapist may take it the wrong way, it could lead to problems for you. If you make a big point about mentioning it, they may take it as you feel uncomfortable with it, or that it is a 'problem'. If it comes up naturally in conversation, I would not deny it, but I would be wary of bringing it up purposely unless you feel very much comfortable in doing so.