Shaving and "femininity" (again)

Ace of Amethysts

It's an honour to have you here too :D

It has taken me some time to figure out how i should write this answer but here it is.

The reason i wrote that is was an honor to be able to talk with you all. Is that even all crap you all have to take in your lifes and how to the society treats you all. You still take the time to answer some random guys questions how strange or stupid they may be. You have no idea how much it means for me. And for that you all have the you all have the respect i can possibly give even more than you already had from me.

You are all amazing people.

And i do not want to sound ungrateful but i can see how it can be a honor to talk to me: a confused guy with low self-esteem that really haven't helped anyone here.

Thank you so much for saying this. I'm really glad we can help you like that. And Hadley is right; we've all been that person before, not knowing what feels like the simplest or most obvious things. We're all willing to help because we remember how amazing it was to learn the truth.

Now when i am comfortable enough to tell anyone this i can as well say it in this thread. I am a closet crossdresser. Some days mostly at weekends i just have to dress "girly" home. And i prefer how i look in the mirror dress like that more than in default mode sort of speak. That is what is so confusing because i dont how to feel about it. The thing a like most is the shapes even do i know they are fake i just wish they were there for real. This just hurt my head sometimes.

So know it is out ther.

Cross dressing can be really fun, and it can also feel like gender euphoria for some. I wish cross dressing was treated with more respect everywhere in the world. Where I come from, cross dressing is considered an art of sorts, and even fully cis people can celebrate their ability to cross dress without having to be closeted. During Pride week, we even have small local competitions!

I'm glad you feel comfortable telling us this. I hope it feels better to have put out there, and you should know you always have our support.

Thanks for the kind words:) And the thing is as i sade i don´t know how i feel about it. When i look down at my self with a stuffed bra and all that i can´t keep me for thinking that, that is how i should look. And then its comes to mind that it is only socks and it just makes me sad. And when tucked for the first time it just looked and felt amazing. And in the same time i can go in guy mode for a long time and don't feel strange/weird. That is the reason i shave because i am more comfortable with no body hair especially the chest hair.

Cross dressing can be really fun, and it can also feel like gender euphoria for some. I wish cross dressing was treated with more respect everywhere in the world. Where I come from, cross dressing is considered an art of sorts, and even fully cis people can celebrate their ability to cross dress without having to be closeted. During Pride week, we even have small local competitions!

I'm glad you feel comfortable telling us this. I hope it feels better to have put out there, and you should know you always have our support.

Hi again sorry if i am using this thread for something that is not 100% about shaving but i have to tell/ask this.

Iam questioning my gender more and more now. I am not sure what i really am. After i´ve read Dissolveds " checklist" i really don´t know anymore. I mean that if i could choose my body then i am 99% sure that i should be completely female. And how do i look in my minds eye? I am trying but can see a thing more then brief glimpses. And then its not enough to see anything. Maybe when i picture my self looking down i can get a quick glance at something that looks lika cleavage. And how i see my self in the future?... I cant really answer that, hopefully alive.

And i´ve have as long i can remember had fantasies about being a woman from time to time sometime more often then other.

And why I begin to realize this only now i don´t really know that either. One thing can be that my name is considered unisex: Kim. And after that I have read on this forum i have started to feel that something is not right. But in the same time i have lived like this for all my life without being too unhappy.

And this is maybe nothing but normal but to call me a man feels wrong.

So to summarize it wtf am ?

And i am sorry if i was disrespectful in this just had to open my heart to people i trust.

Hi again sorry if i am using this thread for something that is not 100% about shaving but i have to tell/ask this.

Iam questioning my gender more and more now. I am not sure what i really am. After i´ve read Dissolveds " checklist" i really don´t know anymore. I mean that if i could choose my body then i am 99% sure that i should be completely female. And how do i look in my minds eye? I am trying but can see a thing more then brief glimpses. And then its not enough to see anything. Maybe when i picture my self looking down i can get a quick glance at something that looks lika cleavage. And how i see my self in the future?... I cant really answer that, hopefully alive.

And i´ve have as long i can remember had fantasies about being a woman from time to time sometime more often then other.

And why I begin to realize this only now i don´t really know that either. One thing can be that my name is considered unisex: Kim. And after that I have read on this forum i have started to feel that something is not right. But in the same time i have lived like this for all my life without being too unhappy.

And this is maybe nothing but normal but to call me a man feels wrong.

So to summarize it wtf am ?

And i am sorry if i was disrespectful in this just had to open my heart to people i trust.

Not every trans person knew they were trans from the second they knew about gender. There are a lot of trans people out there who didn't realise they were trans, or who didn't even become trans (gender can be fluid, even for people who are not genderfluid), until later in life. If you think you may be a trans woman, then that's entirely possible. Just because you didn't identify as trans until now doesn't mean you can't be a trans woman.

Of course, there are also a lot of inbetween genders between man and woman too. Demigirl refers to someone who identifies at least somewhat with being a girl (or woman) but not enough to fully identify as a woman. Transfeminine is when you feel feminine, but don't identify as a woman. You can spend some time with these words and definitions, and see if any of them stick. And if one of them sticks for now, but you find out later that it's not quite right or that it's changed, that's fine too!

Thank you for the advices :)

I am probably a guy that just needs to present him self feminine from time to time. But I appreciate all the help and support I got here. You are all legends.

No problem :D I'm glad you're a guy that enjoys presenting femininely from time to time. It's fun, isn't it? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I scoff at the idea of shaving under my arms and everywhere else for that matter. Just because a razor company in the 1920's made advertising that unfortunately changed the way our culture views naturally occurring body hair- doesn't mean I have to conform to the stupid standards of society. I'm not even female, I shouldn't have to worry about trivial nonsense like this.

One of my cis guy friends shaves his pits because it just itches if he doesn't. I'm so glad to find someone else non-female who shared my thoughts IRL :P

PurveyorOfBadPuns

I stopped shaving my armpits three years ago and I have never felt better! Oddly, having hair there makes me feel more female than I had. However, I had to shave them for an interview last week (my only appropriate outfit was sleeveless) and they have been super tender since! D:

...to each their own I guess... anyone who has no problem with their body hair should be allowed to keep it without being frowned upon xD

Society is a tough judge and for all the talk about freedom and individual expression, most people don't practice what they preach and consider anything that deviates from the norm as being deviant behavior. In a society that did not shave underarm hair the person who shaved it would be seen as the abnormal one. Luckily for the most part this sort of disapproval doesn't present itself in a violent manner so it's just a matter of people looking at you or maybe making jokes. Everyone has their own tastes and while there are things that people do to their bodies that I don't approve of it doesn't mean that they aren't nice people who I enjoy working, talking, and socializing with. That is all any of us can ask for.

Archived