Asexuals, how do you react when someone flirts with you or is sexually attracted to you?

I don't really notice straight away that people are flirting with me and sometimes that leads to uncomfortable, awkward situations. Last time it happened, I was actually in a relationship so I just said - "I'm taken mate, so..." and he backed off and just treated me in a friendly manner, we danced with a little group of people and there was no funny business involved :) 

AwkwardAxolotl

I am notoriously bad at picking up on flirting, even if it's about-as-subtle-as-an-airhorn-in-a-library flirting. For example, a photographer came to work to get a tour of the facility and to take some pictures, and I was supposed  to be showing him around and answering his questions. When we met, he looked me up and down with a slightly creepy smile on his face, then introduced himself and said "It's very nice to meet you" and winked as he shook my hand. He also didn't seem that interested in the fish or other animals, but kept mentioning that the place was so charming and interesting that he might have to come back and do a follow-up, which I found odd. Anyways, the next day I'm still trying to figure out why someone would wink while shaking someone's hand, and I asked my best friend. She thought it was hysterical that I couldn't figure out that he was flirting with me.

• Like 1

As long as it isn't aggressive and the person doesn't try to push anything I feel pretty dang good, but I think I just like people thinking I'm attractive, lol. If it's unwanted and the person keeps escalating even though its clear I'm not reciprocating I get extremely uncomfortable, but, I feel like most people would feel similarly. 

Massively irritated, particularly when it's someone who knows that I'm asexual/aromantic. I rarely get flirted with by strangers, and generally only in passing, which is just meh. But if I've told someone I have zero interest in sex or a relationship, it feels like a violation of boundaries. I've already said no, and pushing the issue after "no" is not cool. 

Goes right over my head, so I don't have any reaction. At most, I just assume they are being friendly and treat everyone that way. If I ever found out they were into me, and if I felt the same way, I'd be happy.

BinaryFission

For me, I don't even know it's happening unless it's so obvious like Christmas lights on Christmas Day (that's an example) or they tell me they are interested in me this way. I usually reject them because I don't feel this way about them, and they think I friendzoned them, but in reality I just don't think about that way with anyone. Plus, I get kind of uncomfortable and overthink about it and just dislike it that they think of me that way. 

(What if I'm really friendzoning everyone, lol?!)

• Like 1