Favourite decade

Snao Cone

Favourite Decade  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which decade(s) (in modern times) is(are) your favourite?

• 1940s
    • 1950s
    • 1960s
    • 1970s
    • 1980s
    • 1990s
    • 2000s
    • 2010s (so far)
    • One not listed
  2. 2. What reasons do you like that(those) dedcade(s)?

• Music
    • Movies
    • Television/animation
    • Books
    • Other media
    • Historic events
    • Political movements
    • Public personalities
    • Personal experiences
    • Other
  3. 3. Were you born before or after the decade(s) selected?

• Before
    • After
    • During
    • A mix (picked more than one)

This poll is closed to new votes

Which decade(s) is(are) your favourite? I'm being generous in allowing you to select more than one. :P

Also, what about that(those) decade(s) makes you like it?

Frigid Pink

ilovethe-80s.jpeg

Mostly for the music, however, I love the style, too. :wub:

cyndi.jpg

(i have a red dress like this one)

6ef9b7f3c4a246a239211bd3afb390ec.jpg

(I love this movie)

... and need I mention that 80s horror is AWESOME!

2799086-horror+wallpaper.jpg

As much as I love the 1980s for all the media and styles and just that coolness I ended up getting from it I have such a soft spot for the 2000s decade. The 2000s was my early childhood (1-11 years old) with my greatest memories and my favourite cartoons like Teen Titans, Sonic X and Mew Mew Power, my favourite music bands like Metric, TNAF, Computers Want Me Dead, M83, Owl City, La Roux, and my favourite music channel C4. The 2000s was when the first of the Warriors books from Erin Hunter came out which had a big effect on how I see the world. The internet developed so much over the 2000s. Just so much stuff happened and discrimination against minorities was getting to be far less with people becoming more accepting.

Guest 80814

90s. Modern enough not to be a relic, best time of Cartoon Network, last period before movies became just ughhh (not sure exactly what it is, I'd assume CGI but it's more just a feeling than visually obvious). And me and the original PlayStation were born on the same day in the middle of it.

The music was a bit iffy like.

My favorite decade is 90s . It's the time of my childhood and early teenage. I remember music, movies, cartoons was really great and much better than nowadays one.

Born in the 70's, favourite decade the 80's. Music, films, TV, cars, it was my era and still is

EmotionalAndroid

You can probably tell which one I voted for. >.>

With the movies I watch, the books I read, the topics I am interested in, and the music I listen to, I practically live in the 1940's in my head. :) I also really like the 1920s and 1930s (The movies were better in the 30's than in the 40's in general).

Ah, I wish I could have been a part of "The Greatest Generation."

Born in the 70's, favourite decade the 80's. Music, films, TV, cars, it was my era and still is

Unless they were made outside the U.S., cars made in the 70's and 80's were pieces of shit. German and Japanese cars were much better in the 70's and 80's.

I'm actually quite keen on this decade (world events aside). It's when a lot of my favourite films/music/etc came out, and it's been the best one for me personal life-wise

Sleepy Skeleton

I really love the 60s, mainly because of the music. 70s rock comes at a close second. But 80s rock also?!!? Aw, now I can't decide.

But I also really love the general atmosphere of the 60s. With all the civil rights movements and hippies and rock n roll and drugs and stuff. Of course, I was born 30+ years later in the 90s, so I don't know what it was really like.

Anyway,:

But still, 70s rock?!!? Now I feel like I chose the wrong decade.

Okay, I'm unstoppable. Click below for some awesome 80s:

Probably my favorite song ever tbh.

And this doesn't really fit in with the others but this is my jam :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY

Anyway, 10/10 good question. Basically, I wish I was born in the early 60s or late 50s just so I could experience all these decades. :lol:

Grumpy Alien

The 40s! I've always loved WWII and the early 40s were the height of it. If I could go back to any point in time, I'd pick 1942 for the history.

The great music

The horrible sideshows

Freak_show_1941.jpg

The history

144403724dc67fdd.jpg

Well okay minus the supersoldiers and whatnot...

I'm a big 40's nerd. I love novels and movies surrounding WWII or just general 40's life. One of my favorite genre of music is electro-swing (Love electro....love swing...a beautiful combination). I really like swing music and I like to listen when I'm feeling down or I need to concentrate because it really gets my spirits up. Definitely an interesting and awesome decade. :)

EDIT: Also mentioning I love the 40's fashion. :P Sometimes when I'm bored I doodle 40's clothes.

Grumpy Alien

I'm a big 40's nerd. I love novels and movies surrounding WWII or just general 40's life. One of my favorite genre of music is electro-swing (Love electro....love swing...a beautiful combination). I really like swing music and I like to listen when I'm feeling down or I need to concentrate because it really gets my spirits up. Definitely an interesting and awesome decade. :)

EDIT: Also mentioning I love the 40's fashion. :P Sometimes when I'm bored I doodle 40's clothes.

ELECTRO-SWING IS AWESOME BECAUSE SWING

I love the 80s decade. But I was born in the 90s. My best friend is born in the 80s though :D They're definitely my favourite 80s thing :wub:

WhenSummersGone

90s and 2000s. Music, TV shows, toys, movies and child memories. I like things from other decades but without living during them I can't tell if I like them or not.

I'm surprised the 1950s only has one vote. Not many Rockabilly types here?

Luftschlosseule

2010s, because I don't have to chose. I can habe Sci Fi Classics and listen to new music, I listen to music from all decades, pic what I like best from the fashion, explore how art developed. I have more rights than I would have had if I had been living earlier. To be honest, I'd like to live in the future with even more books to chose from, and maybe my illnesses would be treatable.

I was not born until the late 1950s, so I do not even remember the 40s or 50s. I choose the 60s because, awesome.

girltwink666

where's the "i'm not white" option lol

literally tho i feel dirty romanticizing any of these eras where POC and lgbtq people were oppressed even more than they are now.

Thought the decade wasn't without its problems, I've always been really fascinated by the 1920s (I think the 1910s were really cool too though). I just really like 20s aesthetic, especially flappers. I recently discovered I quite like silent movies too. It's just an interesting time period to read about.

90's, because of the general culture (especially TV). Also early 2000's. I was born in 2000.

I'm surprised the 1950s only has one vote. Not many Rockabilly types here?

Music and cool cars don't really make up for sociopolitical crappiness. Also, I wasn't born yet so I voted for a decade I actually remember (3 choices makes me feel old).

I think all decades have sociopolitical crappiness of some kind. :P Though the 1950s does have a lot of notorious elements of that, with civil rights struggles and McCarthyism and women being denied paths of independence.

I'm very interested by the decades of the 20th Century. It's so interesting how things have changed and just looking back on the recent history of it all (Christ, the '90s, my childhood, is history now xD). The best music was certainly before the '00s. I'm more traditional in a lot of my likes, so the technology-led '00s and '10s isn't so interesting for me. My ultimate decade from those is probably the '80s because when I started hearing the music more, and then learning more about the decade (which I was born in! Yay!), I kind of fell for it and the '80s has been very dear to me since. <3

Better add a shout out to the '90s, too, because of those special nostalgic memories I have of it. :3

• 11 months later...
Apathetic Echidna

I chose the two decades that Buffy touched to keep it simple. I also have such a weakness for 90s fashion. Baggy pants and a fringed metallic animal print cropped halter top accessorized with a tattoo choker, slap bracelets and a scrunchie, toss on body glitter/shimmer on all exposed skin and you are ready to go!!

Either the '90s or the '20s. I was born in the '90's, so part of it is a nostalgic yearning, but also a deep desire to know what it would have been like to live back then (I don't really remember the decade at all), especially since I was so close to living it. I really like the clothes, cartoons, and some of the music. The '20's were just awesome-- I LOVE art deco. 

I missed most of it, but the '80s seemed like a lot of fun.

I get the impression everyone was either:

A) super rich

B) on loads of drugs

C) owned a robot

..or some combination of the above. 

Musically, it didn't seem amazing, but there were a lot of incredible movies that decade! 

The  90s and early-mid 2000s had the biggest impact on my life. Pokémon, Sailor Moon, Monday Night War, got my first computer and travelled on a plane for the first time in those eras. It was a good time.

Archived