VOLUNTEER FOR WIKI TEAM

Archived

Hi everyone! If you don't know me, I'm Karmynn & I am the Answering Team & Wiki Coordinator. I'm recruiting people for a new wiki team.

If anyone is interested, just post below & I'll contact you through AVEN messenger. Most communication goes through skype, so you require one. However, if that is not possible, exceptions will be made.

I need all types of people.

• Anyone tech-savvy & familiar with the wiki interface
  • People who want to aid or come up with ideas to improve the wiki
  • People good at sorting through issues & ideas

Thank you, in advance, to anyone who joins :D

If you are interested in joining the answering team too or instead, click here

Being on either of these teams isn't necessarily difficult, but as being apart of any team, traits of responsibility & respect are essential to get anywhere. These are volunteer teams, so if anyone wishes to leave or has problems, they'll be understood.

You need to put a disclaimer on Wiki stating that it's all just personal opinion and none of anything written there is grounded in actual fact.

You guys all seem to stick really doggedly to the (incorrect) ideas about sexuality perpetuated by the asexual community and base your opinions of asexuality on those (mistaken) ideas instead of going to the effort to learn what actual, normal sexuality is (and if you did that, you'd see that much of the things you say are asexual are actually normal sexuality, not asexuality)

But yeah if you could just put a disclaimer making it clear all of the Wiki is just theory and personal opinion, it wouldn't be so bad.

You need to put a disclaimer on Wiki stating that it's all just personal opinion and none of anything written there is grounded in actual fact.

You guys all seem to stick really doggedly to the (incorrect) ideas about sexuality perpetuated by the asexual community and base your opinions of asexuality on those (mistaken) ideas instead of going to the effort to learn what actual, normal sexuality is (and if you did that, you'd see that much of the things you say are asexual are actually normal sexuality, not asexuality)

But yeah if you could just put a disclaimer making it clear all of the Wiki is just theory and personal opinion, it wouldn't be so bad.

I'll get on that as soon as I can. Thanks for the input! Do you have any interest in being apart of the team?

The wiki is an encyclopaedia of the asexual community. The goal is to include the AVEN consensus. While we try to remain neutral in the articles, there may be some personal biases, which you are free to point out. However, the goal is to stay true to the asexual community. If we just claim it to be theory and opinion, there is no point of maintaining a wiki.

Also, just because you disagree with something doesn't mean it's wrong.

Actually going to drop this in here too so it gets noticed.

I'd love to help, really, but I'm already involved in a few things and I don't want to overload myself.

Although it has only been about a day, I do have some friendly advice (that I sincerely hope it isn't taken in as snarky as some people somehow seem to think that as of late when that isn't the case). Perhaps you might get more feedback if it was advertised more, like in announcements, to grab more people's attention to volunteering. Just a suggestion, you don't have to of course, take it as a grain of salt. Good luck!

Archived