Sexual arousal and the bladder

cotangent

After a bit of observation, I'm pretty sure that I only get sexually aroused when my bladder needs to be emptied. Is this a thing? Does this happen to anyone else?

Makes sense. The bladder sits right near all ~those~ parts. I've heard some women say it feels better to masturbate when their bladders are full. The pressure heightens it, maybe.

It is definitely something other people experience - you only need to Google "sexual arousal full bladder" to assure yourself of that. I've experienced it myself, although for me it's not the only thing that causes genital arousal. I can't find any medical information on why it happens, though.

Yup, it's a thing. Completely normal.

The pressure on the g-spot I assume (that's like spongy tissue about 2 inches? up your vagina) Your bladder isn't directly joined to your vagina but the pressure of having a full bladder could be pushing against the g-spot or some other bunch of nerves that's causing arousal. The urethra itself (where the urine comes out) is also a pleasure zone for some women. Some women squirt fluids from their urethra (not urine regardless of what the sexist studies say) when they orgasm. And i've seen women masturbating by penetrating their urethra instead of their vagina because that's more pleasurable for them. That's obviously not that common but it's preferable for some women :)

It's not just you! I've noticed the same thing, and I see it talked about fairly often on sexuality discussion boards. (I actually started noticing it myself after reading a fanfic that had that full-bladder-arousal as a theme, and I've later discovered it's a fairly frequent topic there too lol).

In terms of spontaneous arousal (as opposed to when i intentionally do something arousing) the full bladder thing is actually one of the most common causes for me. There are other things that can cause spontaneous arousal for me, but they tend to be less common since they aren't part of a daily bodily process.

Anatomy-wise, the bladder sits right near the clitoris, so when an full bladder expands it presses on clitoral tissue, which causes arousal - it's stimulating the same tissues that make sex and masturbation enjoyable, just from a different angle.

Huh. Thanks everyone! Excellent information and I'm glad I'm not alone :)

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, sexual activity makes me feel the need to urinate, and actually stimulates my bladder to collect liquid and pee. I hate it more than anything, it makes me so uncomfortable. I also have a small, weak bladder, so it's a ongoing problem not related to the sexual, but pops up in that context anyway. :blink:

Interesting. In my case, if I even remotely feel like I have to go to the toilet, anything arousal-related takes a backseat until I've dealt with that.

Sometimes if I need to masturbate but just hate the idea of it. I wait for my bladder to get full 'cause then it's so much quicker to get over with it, and it actually consistently feels good xD

Archived