What am I? Confused...

Anna Winter

Hi everyone! (sorry for any mistakes but English is not my native tongue)

I'm new here and I've recently came up to know about "asexuality" and I felt great to know that there's nothing wrong with me.

... but there's way too many sub-definitions and, apart from that, I'm still confused about my feelings and what's going on with me.

I've always considered myself heterosexual and despite I've had sex several times (with different men as well), I never truly found it pleasurable. Sometimes I question myself about: how do people seem to live for sex and think it's the best thing ever; when I think it's quite the opposite.

Inside the asexual world.. Maybe I'm romantic?? Sapiosexual? Greysexual?

I do like the thrill of conquest, the mystery, the chase and the eloquent conversations but, after I know I could have "that guy" I loose all possible attraction or desire I could have.

... and even if the attraction remains, I prefer the conversations, the phone texting, the cuddles.. I never expect the sex time. To me, if we ever go that point, I feel uncomfortable.. as if, sex is such a primitive and basic thing with no sensuality at all; sometimes giving me even repulse.

What's wrong with me?

champagnerain

Nothing is wrong with you. We are all different and there is nothing wrong with being sexual, asexual, or anything in between.

If you don't desire ever sex with another person, then you are most likely asexual. However, some aces do find the act of sex pleasurable, so the fact that you haven't enjoyed sex wouldn't necessarily make you asexual. I would focus more on whether you actually desire to have sex with a partner when defining your (a)sexuality.

If you do desire a romantic relationship with someone of the opposite gender (and not people of the same gender/gender fluid/etc.) that would make you heteroromantic.