CALL OUT: Aussies to share stories and thoughts on love & sex for newspaper articles and book

lovenotes

Hi there, I'm researching a series of articles and a book on modern Australian experiences of love, and considering the asexual community make up an estimated 1% of the population, I'd love to represent this section of our people by capturing your stories and thoughts on love.

My name is Jen and I'm writer and photographer based in Canberra, Australia. I contribute to marie claire & Qweekend among other magazines and newspapers.

I'm keen to chat to you however you'd like to do so: in person (if you live close, or in Sydney or Darwin, as I'm travelling all over the place to do interviews), in groups, on the phone or via email. In a nutshell I'd love to know about your experience with romantic love, and what romantic love looks like from an asexual perspective. Can sex and love be separated?

Initially I'm looking for people, guys and girls, aged 18-27, but will be doing all age groups in the near future.

Get in touch to help give asexual people a voice in discussions about what it means to love and be loved in 2016. This is a great way to boost understanding about the asexual experience, which is just as valid as that of people who feel sexual attraction.

Thanks, all.

Jen.

thepinkletterbox (at) gmail (dot) com

Sorry for kidnapping this thread for a while. I put it on the Research Approval Board for discussion to make sure we're happy with it. We are indeed.

This request has been approved by the Research Approval Board for advertising on AVEN.

timewarp

Dedicated Research Contact

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jen, I'm interested to participate in your article. I recently have identified myself as a romantic asexual. I'm 25 year old female from Brisbane so email/phone is probably the best. I have been in a five year relationship however am now single. I really wish relationship and sex could be separated but I'm feeling quite dismal about the whole situation.

Archived