Does anyone else have a unusual, fetish-like non-sexual attraction?

SallyisAGoodGirl

SallyisAGoodGirl

I have an unusual attraction. Though, it was not sexual. It does not involve either sexual attraction or desire.

I got excited seeing/reading about attractive person having a stomach ache (yea as weird as it sounds). Seeing such things would makes me blush, my heart beats faster, and overall makes me excited, pretty much the same sensation when people you fancy talking to you. It is pretty much romantic/sensual attraction, however, no sexual feeling involved. I did not jerk off to that thing. Although, I am seeking for the 'material' every once in a while, mostly in a form of fanart and fanfics. When a scene involving that occurs in movies/series/animes I am watching, I would get excited.

I wonder if it could still be categorized by fetish? If you have any idea, I'd like to heard. However, I just want to know if anyone shares the same experience.

WinterWanderer

Sounds like a fetish to me.

I have some, but most of them would sound too weird to mention here. I have a thing for goofy sidekick characters, or people who have that kind of personality. If someone has a goofy best friend, I automatically become attracted to them because of their personality, in a completely non-sexual way.

Another is snow. I love snow, to the point that it gives me an adrenaline rush just thinking about it. Pictures of snowy mountains are like a drug to me. When it snows outside, I am out in it all day. I wear shorts and short sleeves and just sit outside and 'become one' with it, I guess. Hearing another person talking about snow, or seeing a character surrounded by snow in a movie, automatically makes me love that person more.

it was not sexual. It does not involve either sexual attraction or desire

makes me aroused

*brain hurts* :blink:

I get that you have no desire to jerk off, but what makes you think what you described is any different to your average person fancying someone?

You have a reaction to something so strong that it causes arousal. If that's not attraction, and if that's not a sexual reaction, regardless of whether you want to do anything about it, then I honestly don't know what is.

WinterWanderer

makes me aroused

I get that you have no desire to jerk off, but what makes you think what you described is any different to your average person fancying someone?

You have a reaction to something so strong that it causes arousal. If that's not attraction, and if that's not a sexual reaction, regardless of whether you want to do anything about it, then I honestly don't know what is.

Didn't notice that part of the post. Yeah, arousal would make it a sexual fetish, I think.

SallyisAGoodGirl

makes me aroused

Smeg, I think "aroused" is incorrect word, sorry. I mean, getting excited, got a feeling like getting attracted to someone in romantic way. Gotta change the word!

SallyisAGoodGirl

Sounds like a fetish to me.

I have some, but most of them would sound too weird to mention here. I have a thing for goofy sidekick characters, or people who have that kind of personality. If someone has a goofy best friend, I automatically become attracted to them because of their personality, in a completely non-sexual way.

Another is snow. I love snow, to the point that it gives me an adrenaline rush just thinking about it. Pictures of snowy mountains are like a drug to me. When it snows outside, I am out in it all day. I wear shorts and short sleeves and just sit outside and 'become one' with it, I guess. Hearing another person talking about snow, or seeing a character surrounded by snow in a movie, automatically makes me love that person more.

Ah that's cute, actually (idk how you feel about me saying it so though). I personally can't imagine going out with shorts in snow, but it sounds a lovely feeling for you.

I have a 'type' as well lmao I always tend to get attracted to people with glasses.

I think I can relate to what several people have described above (I can think of a personal example). To me, both my own experience and the examples above seem to be a mixture of aesthetic / emotional / sensual attraction. I think in theory you could refer to what you feel as a "non-sexual fetish", but I think you'd probably end up giving the wrong impression to a lot of people. I think there's a tendency in society to assume that all "attraction" must "really" be sexual (which I don't agree with).

SorryNotSorry

Yeah, usually when something is considered a fetish, the person can't get sexually aroused without the object of the fetish.

That opens another can of worms though, fetishes which most people don't consider fetishes... I'll leave it at that.

I equate the word 'fetish' with sexual things, so 'non-sexual fetish' makes no logical sense to me.

Actually the word fetish means fixation, but as is common, the sexual meaning of it became more popular. There are non-sexual fetishes. Some people do non-sexual BDSM and find it calming or whatnot, which sounds similar to the OP's situation. Googling it, stomachache fetishes are a thing, but it being sexual is more common.

But wait, is the OP saying they're only romantically attracted to people with stomachaches or just feel romantically about the concept of stomachaches?

SallyisAGoodGirl
I equate the word 'fetish' with sexual things, so 'non-sexual fetish' makes no logical sense to me.

I think I can relate to what several people have described above (I can think of a personal example). To me, both my own experience and the examples above seem to be a mixture of aesthetic / emotional / sensual attraction. I think in theory you could refer to what you feel as a "non-sexual fetish", but I think you'd probably end up giving the wrong impression to a lot of people. I think there's a tendency in society to assume that all "attraction" must "really" be sexual (which I don't agree with).

Yeah, usually when something is considered a fetish, the person can't get sexually aroused without the object of the fetish.

That opens another can of worms though, fetishes which most people don't consider fetishes... I'll leave it at that.

Hmmmm.... Say, what do you think a better word to describe a kind of unusual attraction? Because all along I thought the word 'fetish' can be used for something that was not sexual as well.

Actually the word fetish means fixation, but as is common, the sexual meaning of it became more popular. There are non-sexual fetishes. Some people do non-sexual BDSM and find it calming or whatnot, which sounds similar to the OP's situation. Googling it, stomachache fetishes are a thing, but it being sexual is more common.

non-sexual BDSM? Never heard it but sounds v interesting. And, exactly. Most of the resource of said... attraction are for sexual purpose, and that's where I felt lost. Because like I said, while I got gratification and pleasure by seeing and reading such thing, I don't feel any sexual drive or desire that goes with it.

Anyway, thanks Star Bit!

SallyisAGoodGirl

But wait, is the OP saying they're only romantically attracted to people with stomachaches or just feel romantically about the concept of stomachaches?

Basically it's a factor to me to determined one's attractiveness, but not the sole reason. Seeing a person with stomach pain would added their attractiveness point (few times I am hooked to a fictional character and celebrities who have weak stomach lmao) but I could be attracted to a person for many other reasons and have my own 'type' as well. However I would often imagining the person I fancy doubled over in pain.

And for addition, I'd love to imagine taking care of them or seeing them taken care of while they're unwell, like put them in bed and rub their stomach.

So it's more of a romantic fetish.

SallyisAGoodGirl

So it's more of a romantic fetish.

"Romantic fetish" huh. I never heard of that term before, but strangely it explains everything? Like every once in a while I thought about certain someone being in that weirdly-specific situation and I got a rush. And by once in a while, I mean many times when I am lying in bed by myself. If I think about it, the rush are similar with feeling like wanted a cuddle/snuggling with partner. It's different somehow, but it has resemblance.

:D Me neither, i kinda made it up; have no clue if it's an actual term lol. But sexual and non-sexual (and non-romantic) fetishes are already a thing, and i already know some people have a thing for fixing their romantic partner, so i don't see why not.

This will contain some intense TMI for educational purposes.

This is for everyone, not just the OP or the person I am quoting.

There is a lot of confusion here (and in the vanilla population in general) when it comes to the topic of fetish.

Just to be clear, even among sexuals, they have fetishes that aren't related to sex.

On FetLife (the largest Fetish community on the internet, with millions of members) many people separate fetish from sex completely.

For example, there are people who dress entirely in skin-tight rubber; it covers their entire face and head with just two little holes where their nostrils are, it covers their feet and hands, and they insert blow up rubber devices into their anus so it feels like the rubber is entering *into* their body not just encasing it. But they separate this completely from sex. Sex is an entirely different activity for them. They just LOVE how being encased in rubber feels. They desire the feeling of it, and will often take pictures to share because to them, it's aesthetically beautiful. Another example is adult breastfeeding. Women having lactation induced by adults so the adults can feed from their breasts. Obviously this can be sexual for many people, but there are many sexual people who have sex as an entirely different act, and save breastfeeding for something where the pants are kept on and they just cuddle and feed. Or genital mutilation is another one; Where they sew womens vaginas and outer labia shut without painkillers not as a sexual thing, but as an act of domination, pain endurance, and for the aesthetic value of it (the women who let it be done to them describe it as "beautiful" "empowering" etc etc). Men have versions of that too (extreme genital mutilation for non-sexual purposes - though of course it can be sexual too)

For many sexual people, a fetish can be completely separate from sex, but what makes it a "fetish" is they have an 'obsession' for it.. they get emotionally aroused and excited from it and desire it happening to them or desire the act of it or whatever. Of course the majority of fetishes involve sexual arousal and sex acts, or acts leading to sex, or are sometimes done as a replacement for sex, I'm just pointing out that even for sexual people, sex and fetish are separated some of the time depending on the person.

So what the OP is describing sounds like a regular fetish that is separated from a desire to actually have sex/engage in sex.

(I hope this makes sense, I typed it in a hurry on my phone while cooking. I'll fix it up when I get on my comp later)

SallyisAGoodGirl

This will contain some intense TMI for educational purposes.

This is for everyone, not just the OP or the person I am quoting.

There is a lot of confusion here (and in the vanilla population in general) when it comes to the topic of fetish.

Just to be clear, even among sexuals, they have fetishes that aren't related to sex.

On FetLife (the largest Fetish community on the internet, with millions of members) many people separate fetish from sex completely.

For example, there are people who dress entirely in skin-tight rubber; it covers their entire face and head with just two little holes where their nostrils are, it covers their feet and hands, and they insert blow up rubber devices into their anus so it feels like the rubber is entering *into* their body not just encasing it. But they separate this completely from sex. Sex is an entirely different activity for them. They just LOVE how being encased in rubber feels. They desire the feeling of it, and will often take pictures to share because to them, it's aesthetically beautiful. Another example is adult breastfeeding. Women having lactation induced by adults so the adults can feed from their breasts. Obviously this can be sexual for many people, but there are many sexual people who have sex as an entirely different act, and save breastfeeding for something where the pants are kept on and they just cuddle and feed. Or genital mutilation is another one; Where they sew womens vaginas and outer labia shut without painkillers not as a sexual thing, but as an act of domination, pain endurance, and for the aesthetic value of it (the women who let it be done to them describe it as "beautiful" "empowering" etc etc). Men have versions of that too (extreme genital mutilation for non-sexual purposes - though of course it can be sexual too)

For many sexual people, a fetish can be completely separate from sex, but what makes it a "fetish" is they have an 'obsession' for it.. they get emotionally aroused and excited from it and desire it happening to them or desire the act of it or whatever. Of course the majority of fetishes involve sexual arousal and sex acts, or acts leading to sex, or are sometimes done as a replacement for sex, I'm just pointing out that even for sexual people, sex and fetish are separated some of the time depending on the person.

So what the OP is describing sounds like a regular fetish that is separated from a desire to actually have sex/engage in sex.

(I hope this makes sense, I typed it in a hurry on my phone while cooking. I'll fix it up when I get on my comp later)

It makes perfect sense.

Thanks for taking your time to type it out and explaining in elaboration. On the first place, I was just confused. I was reading journals about fetishes and all of it are about sex. I am just wondering if all "fetish" is always sexual and confused because I also have the said fetish.

Archived