• 61-70
    • 71-80
    • 81-90
    • 91-100
    • 100+
    • unsure
    • i don't want to answer
    • i can't answer
  2. 2. when you figured out you were (not sexual, not hetero, not romantic, not cis, not monogamous,intersex, etc) first?

• i'm cisgender, heterosexual, heteroromantic, monogamous and not intersex
    • unsure
    • under my 10's
    • in my 10's
    • in my 20's
    • in my 30's
    • in my 40's
    • in my 50's
    • in my 60's
    • in my 70's
    • in my 80's
    • in my 90's
    • in my 100's+
    • since i was born
    • i haven't figured out things yet
    • i don't care
  3. 3. when you first came out?

• i'm heterosexual, heteroromantic, cisgender, monogamous and not intersex
    • i never had to
    • i haven't came out yet
    • i don't want to come out
    • under my 10's
    • in my 10's
    • in my 20's
    • in my 30's
    • in my 40's
    • in my 50's
    • in my 60's
    • in my 70's
    • in my 80's
    • in my 90's
    • in my 100's+
    • unsure
    • unsure if i wanna come out
    • not sure of seat I am yet

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, coyote55 said:

Agree with both of these ideas, although I'm surprised to see the steep rolloff in membership above age 30. That's way too young to be explained by the reduction in computer use among older  adults; I suspect  there's just not as much awareness about asexuality in the 30+ population. (I'm almost 62)

As a 52-year-old, I'm fairly sure that my demographic is OK with computers. It's gotta be an awareness thing.

2 minutes ago, asfi said:

As a 52-year-old, I'm fairly sure that my demographic is OK with computers. It's gotta be an awareness thing.

I'd have to agree with you on that. I got my first PC in '97 and got hooked up to the 'net in early '98.

1 minute ago, will123 said:

I'd have to agree with you on that. I got my first PC in '97 and got hooked up to the 'net in early '98.

Youngster! I got my first computer in 1982. I'd wanted one ever since I tried out an Apple ][ at school in late 1979, but it took a few years. And it wasn't just the cost, there was also the weirdness of my mother being opposed to having a computer in the house. I decided there wasn't anything she could do to stop me from building one from scratch, and so my bedroom ended up being wallpapered with hand-drawn schematics. It's possible that worried her more. :D

2 minutes ago, asfi said:

Youngster! I got my first computer in 1982. I'd wanted one ever since I tried out an Apple ][ at school in late 1979, but it took a few years. And it wasn't just the cost, there was also the weirdness of my mother being opposed to having a computer in the house. I decided there wasn't anything she could do to stop me from building one from scratch, and so my bedroom ended up being wallpapered with hand-drawn schematics. It's possible that worried her more. :D

Not sure what kind of computer it was but during my year of community college (mechanical technician) in '79/'80 we were learning BASIC. I think some of the other courses were being taught COBOL and FORTRAN.

1 hour ago, will123 said:

Not sure what kind of computer it was but during my year of community college (mechanical technician) in '79/'80 we were learning BASIC. I think some of the other courses were being taught COBOL and FORTRAN.

I had a FORTRAN course in university, as well as a PDP-11 assembly language course. That was it for programming instruction.

• 1 month later...
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Early 2000's in middle school I knew I was different from girls and males around me. To this day I still never been sexual and never will try it either.

• 4 weeks later...

For the most part I came out when I was 16. The only people that don't know are my grandma on my dad's side, most of my mom's family (they're extremely liberal and consider themselves very LGBT+ affirming, but they're also some of the worst people I know... SO I'm not trusting them with this.), and people I don't talk to at school.

• 3 months later...

@AVEN #1 fan

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived