• 61-70
    • 71-80
    • 81-90
    • 91-100
    • 100+
    • unsure
    • i don't want to answer
    • i can't answer
  2. 2. when you figured out you were (not sexual, not hetero, not romantic, not cis, not monogamous,intersex, etc) first?

• i'm cisgender, heterosexual, heteroromantic, monogamous and not intersex
    • unsure
    • under my 10's
    • in my 10's
    • in my 20's
    • in my 30's
    • in my 40's
    • in my 50's
    • in my 60's
    • in my 70's
    • in my 80's
    • in my 90's
    • in my 100's+
    • since i was born
    • i haven't figured out things yet
    • i don't care
  3. 3. when you first came out?

• i'm heterosexual, heteroromantic, cisgender, monogamous and not intersex
    • i never had to
    • i haven't came out yet
    • i don't want to come out
    • under my 10's
    • in my 10's
    • in my 20's
    • in my 30's
    • in my 40's
    • in my 50's
    • in my 60's
    • in my 70's
    • in my 80's
    • in my 90's
    • in my 100's+
    • unsure
    • unsure if i wanna come out
    • not sure of seat I am yet

This poll is closed to new votes

AVEN #1 fan

So, do we have more teens, young adults or old people around AVEN? I wanna know. >.<

How old are you guys?

I'd be worried if someone was below the age of 12 or 13 on this site. :/

But yeah, I'm a whippersnapper. ;)

AVEN #1 fan

I'd be surprised if someone was above 100.
AVEN #1 fan

I'd be surprised if someone was above 100.
I'm surprised.

^Considering AVEN has a 13 or older policy....yeah :P

18 right now, found out I was ace in my 10's (always knew I was genderqueer), came out in my 10's

Plectrophenax

I'm glad you added a "I never had to" option regarding coming out. I'm not opposed to doing so but I see no reason to bring it up, and so far I have never been asked. [The closest it ever came was a prodding question regarding sexual activity, not orientation].

I don't quite understand the option above it; "I'm not queer". Is that the option for those who consider the term 'coming out' to be unapplicable? I'm not quite sure. Surely, in order to openly/publicly state one's asexuality, no position regarding the queer-status thereof is necessary?

Finally, since there's no cap as to the last age option, I wonder how old the 100+ person truly is ^_^

#2) Realize i was ace as in the term or realized i didn't want sex?

#3) Come out to who/how many people? Does telling 3 friends but not my parents or sibling count?

DragonflytotheMoon

I'm 47 & not even in the same universe as old :) I was bi, before, I knew what that was. I had my first crush on a girl at nine. Once I learned what bi was, I considered myself that. Up until a year ago, when I realized that pan fit better. It's really more about the person for me. More recently, I came to recognize that I'm demi (that's romantic as it is with pan) & grace. These are also both something I've always been, but, didn't have the words for & was trying to behave like I thought everyone else was. Now I understand why it never felt right for me. I haven't fully come out. As a bi, mainly with other bi's on a forum. As a pan demi grace, just my husband & a few close friends.

I'm 23, and both discovered I was ace and non-binary at age nineteen, and I came out right when I figured it out, myself. I came out as poly at twenty, and panromantic at twenty-two (I didn't use a label for my romantic orientation for a while).

Lightning Blue Ray

Figured out I was ace and aro when I was 16, though the aro part took a little more time. Came out at 16 too.

AVEN #1 fan

#2) Realize i was ace as in the term or realized i didn't want sex?

#3) Come out to who/how many people? Does telling 3 friends but not my parents or sibling count?

2) realizing you weren't a cis-hetero-sexual-romantic.

3) 1 person

I'm pretty much 21 and I've known that I wasn't straight since I was 12. I'll probably never come out because I don't really like to tell people anything about myself tbh not even to close family members or friends.

I think I realised truly that I wasn't straight at 15 when I had this massive crush on one of my female friends. I think I've always sort of known I wasn't cisgender but I didn't realise non-binary genders were a thing until I was about 14 and struggled with my feelings until I was about 15/16 when I heard about the term bigender and I haven't come out yet.

I find it interesting that you feel the need to include krazy kids under the age of 10 when no one under the age of 13 is meant to be here. I'm the same age as you AVEN#1fan. ^_^

AVEN #1 fan

I think I realised truly that I wasn't straight at 15 when I had this massive crush on one of my female friends. I think I've always sort of known I wasn't cisgender but I didn't realise non-binary genders were a thing until I was about 14 and struggled with my feelings until I was about 15/16 when I heard about the term bigender and I haven't come out yet.

I find it interesting that you feel the need to include krazy kids under the age of 10 when no one under the age of 13 is meant to be here. I'm the same age as you AVEN#1fan. ^_^

Sometimes i feel so old. Dx
WinterWanderer

I found AVEN and figured out I was asexual last year, around my 21st birthday. I came out to some friends a few months later.

Just turned 22 :) and celebrated my first year of knowing my identity!

Teens, young adults, or old people? lol. Is there any kind of area between teen and old? I'm 55, but I'm not ancient or decrepit yet.
I knew I was ace long before AVEN and the internet, but I just didn't have the words to properly describe what I knew about myself.
I've never hid my asexuality and have always been happy to speak about it, but I guess I came out officially on facebook about 5 years ago.

I'm 20 and found out that I am asexual about two years ago. I haven't come out yet.

Yeah, you have to be 13+ to join AVEN, so no one is going to choosing the under 10 option.

As for me, I'm in my 20's (about to turn 22 in August) and figured out I was asexual at 19. I'm only partially out, in that only a few people know I'm asexual. But I don't really want to or feel the need to come out anymore than that.

I'm 21, came out when I was 19 (though I highly doubt my mom remembers), and while I didn't know what asexuality was at the time, I confirmed that I wasn't like a lot of the other kids (aside from personality) when I was about 14-15.

I have yet to "come out" to anyone I know. I don't really see the need to but at the same time it would feel good in a way to share it with my closest friends. They might not think it's such a surprise seeing as I never share any sexual stories when they show up in conversation.

Hooded_Crow

I'm 26.

In highschool, I figured out I wasn't quite... "normal". So I guess maybe I knew I was queer in one way or another around 15 or 16, but I just wasn't really dealing with it then, so I put "in my twenties". I learned about asexuality when I was 24.

And I came out to my parents the next day, basically. So 24 as well.

I'm 31. I noticed I wasn't like everyone else around me in my early teens. (I think.) A classmate came out to me as ace when I was 16 or 17, and I felt uncomfortable about how much I could relate to it. Denied it for a while after that. Like, eventually I'll magically be like everyone else. I just needed to wait. -_- It really dawned on me about a month ago. I came out to my parent almost immediately. I don't feel bad about it like I did when I was in my teens. In fact, it feels amazing now. Especially the more I read about it. Like, there's a word for it, others might be like me, somewhat of a relief, and more. I officially came out to most people on facebook about 3 weeks ago.

Yooooooo! Who's the 100+ using the Internet? Please be my grandparent.

I realized i wasn't into sex in highschool but fully realized i wasn't just a late bloomer in my early 20s after i found out about asexuality by a random suggested link on youtube.

Well when people try to guess my age the vast majority recently have been saying I am about 26/27, so I am going to stick with 26 even though I would prefer the number 25 =D xD

Grumpy Alien

I'm 23 and didn't know how to answer the second question but I'll go with 19 for the second and third questions.

just an owl

I really don't like the use of queer in this tbh. I realised I was ace at 16 (aro/trans at 17) but I don't consider myself queer, and it's a word that for many people is still a slur and they aren't comfortable using...

WhenSummersGone

30, 6 years ago (for being demi/less sexual) and I haven't bothered to come out about it or being sexually interested in girls after there's a close emotional bond involved.

J. van Deijck

I'm 26. I don't want to be that close to 30 :(

Archived