What am I?

Barely-passing38

Barely-passing38

Im a biological girl, but for a year or so it hasn't felt right. Ive done some research and asked a few people, it seems like I should be ftm but that dosnt feel right either and im so confused, i hate it. I want to know what i am. But i dont even want to be anything besides ftm because i dont think my family will understand and i wont either.

AVEN #1 fan

Oh well, take your time.

You can come out as ftm / binary trans even though you're something else. It's all about staying safe.

It can also help with transitioning if that's something you want to do, not every country is open to nonbinary identities when it comes to transition.

Maybe take a look at these?

Mascgender - A non-binary gender which is masculine in nature.

Proxvir - A masculine gender similar to boy, but on a separate plane and off to itself.

Demigender - A gender that is partially one gender and partially another. E.g. demiguy.

Magigender - A gender that is mostly one gender and the rest is something else. E.g. magiguy.

You could also identify as a nonbinary boy, or transmasculine!

These are just some things that come to mind talking about masculine genders, since you didn't tell us much else. Maybe you could elaborate?

Good luck on your journey! :cake:

I haven't always identified as a trans guy. As I was coming to terms with myself and accepting that transitioning was a very real possibility for me, I identified as transmasculine, because that was all I'd figured out.

It doesn't matter what you call yourself as you're learning how you relate to the world. It might seem impossible at the moment, but it also doesn't matter what your family think of you. You don't live for them, you live for yourself. You need to do whatever it is that eases the awkwardness that you probably feel right now. You need to be true to yourself.

Just remember that if you're not ready to state something in stone, you don't have to choose a label yourself, but maybe if you don't quite feel ftm, you could be demiboy.

There's lots of middle ground between being FtM and cis female. All possible combinations, a whole lot of different people.

Maybe awnsering for yourself what feels right and what feels wrong about being a girl and about being FtM will be helpful?

dragon_cake

Gender can be confusing especially when gender is forced on items along with some traditional views on gender roles. Unfortunately, I'm just as confused as you.

Archived