Aromatic and other aromantic types

Bernanotherone

There aren't other types of aromantics, just one; not feeling romantic attraction and not desiring a romantic relationship.

It's just how some people are, just like gay, bi, and ace. But it's not like you're the only one or are "alone forever". Many aromantics are satisfied with having friends, close friends, best friends, or a queerplatonic relationship. But if you're under 20 then your orientation could still be developing, though most realize it by 17.

AVEN #1 fan

There aren't other types of aromantics, just one; not feeling romantic attraction and not desiring a romantic relationship.

It's just how some people are, just like gay, bi, and ace. But it's not like you're the only one or are "alone forever". Many aromantics are satisfied with having friends, close friends, best friends, or a queerplatonic relationship. But if you're under 20 then your orientation could still be developing, though most realize it by 17.

Well i think they were referring to other labels an aromantic can also carry, like:

An aromantic person can be aego/autochorisromantic or apothiromantic as well.

Also, being auto/ego/introromantic with no attraction or desires towards others for romance can count as being aromantic as well.

Being cupio/kalosromantic or bellusromantic can also count as being aromantic.

An aromantic can also be antiromantic.

AVEN #1 fan

What am I??? Why aren't I capable of lovin' someone romantically???

It's not your fault, maybe you haven't found a special one yet.

Cupio is NOT aro/ace

And I'm not clear on the meaning of bellus, but if someone wants an uncomited relationship that's still wanting a romantic relationship and not non-romantic (what aromantic means). Antiromantic just means they're against romance, which doesn't align with orientation so they could be aro or romantic.

AVEN #1 fan

Cupio is NOT aro/ace

And I'm not clear on the meaning of bellus, but if someone wants an uncomited relationship that's still wanting a romantic relationship and not non-romantic (what aromantic means). Antiromantic just means they're against romance, which doesn't align with orientation so they could be aro or romantic.

So, cupio and bellus are in the gray area.

Cupioromantic, yes because it's not the norm as far as we know, but Cupiosexual, no, that's a normal allosexual consisting of half the sexual population. Bellusromantic, if it's just wanting an uncomited relationship then no, that's just an alloromantic that's afraid of comitment (and something they just have to inform a partner when entering a relationship, if they're curtious that is).

AVEN #1 fan

Cupioromantic, yes because it's not the norm as far as we know, but Cupiosexual, no, that's a normal allosexual consisting of half the sexual population. Bellusromantic, if it's just wanting an uncomited relationship then no, that's just an alloromantic that's afraid of comitment (and something they just have to inform a partner when entering a relationship, if they're curtious that is).

Ok, again AVEN should hire you.

Which they can't do because i occasionally slip up and say things that breach AVEN's rules; I'd be a liability. (which i have no problem with btw)

Please try to stay on topic. Keep in mind that that we are here to help out new members like the OP, not get into definition debates. If you would like to discuss the specifics of certain definitions, please do so in another thread.

Also, this thread has been moved from Welcome Lounge to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations.

-kelico

Welcome Lounge Moderator

What am I??? Why aren't I capable of lovin' someone romantically???

We could use some more details to help you out. I don't know of you're aromantic. I don't know if you're capable of romantic love. If you genuinely don't have any romantic needs or romantic feelings towards other people, you can still live a very full and happy life if you choose to not use the standard boy-meets-girl (switch genders as you wish) model of seeking partnership. Some things about it suck, but that's not out of some terrible flaw in not desiring a romantic relationship; it comes from the importance culturally placed on such relationships.

Anyway, there doesn't need to be a "why" answer for your feelings or identity or choices to be valid. There's nothing dysfunctional about not feeling romantic attraction.

Archived